Bulgari, known as the ‘Jeweller of Roma’ and founded in 1884, officially opened a new boutique in Holt Renfrew this morning with guest host Daniel Paltridge, President of Bulgari Corp of America, in attendance.
The architectural concept of the concession, by LVMH favoured designer Peter Marino, is a capsule of all the colours and textures of Bulgari in a petite 450-square-foot space.
“This milestone marks a special moment for Bulgari, as it brings our Maison’s Roman roots and spirit of innovation to Vancouver, a very important city for the brand,” said Paltridge. “We are pleased to open our boutique in Holt Renfrew in a manner that represents the contemporary Bulgari brand while simultaneously paying tribute to our rich, Roman heritage.”
The finishes are exquisite with base materials originating from all over Europe and quintessentially Roman. Framing the open portal entrance, Black Grand Antique marble (from the same quarry as marble at the Vatican), the Condotti eight point star in red porphyry marks the threshold. The signature eight-point star dates back to the ﬁrst Bulgari shop in Rome opened by Sotirio Bulgari and provides a unifying symbol honouring Rome as the brand’s home.
On the inside, the ﬂooring features Italian walnut square-patterned parquet with a degrade effect, which evokes an atmosphere ﬂooded by natural sunlight. In the stores center, a light bronze oval-shaped counter in galvanized iron, inspired by the renowned Italian architect Carlo Scarpa, invites customers to explore the iconic collections while an impressive Murano crystal chandelier by Italian artisan Vistosi illuminates the boutique.
The walls are finished with Bulgari’s signature gold and yellow scagliola plaster and decorated with iconic images of celebrities as a tribute to the brand’s long-standing relationship with Hollywood. Paltridge shared an anecdote of movie stars – Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton – who came to Italy to film Cleopatra in Cinecittà, found themselves bored and relieved their stress shopping in Bulgari. Of course, we all know the stories of their tempestuous relationship, and how Burton returned to Bulgari to purchase many pieces to appease Taylor including a 65 carat cabochon sapphire and diamond sautoir!
- Helen Siwak is the Founder and President of EcoLuxLuv Communications | Publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and EcoLuxLifestyle.co | Director of Brand Acquisition at Dea Fortuna Global | Founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group | Owner and Activist at LittleBlack.Tee | West coast correspondent to Retail-Insider | Collaborations and business opportunities welcome to email@example.com.
- Fashion2020.06.25Revisited! SEWT (Suits Especially for Women Tailored) Expands Bespoke Business to Toronto
- Fashion2020.06.17EcoLux☆Lifestyle: ALDO x Rocky Barnes Summer Collection Radiates Beachy Vibes
- Fashion2020.06.15EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Seeking Sweet Swimwear by Canadian Designers? Here Are 7 For You!
- Charity2020.06.01EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Nude Beverage COVID-19 Relief Fund Supporting Canadians & Canines