Dinner with a View
As you approach the event, you are welcomed by glowing bubbles appearing on the horizon; there are a couple of dozen dispersed in the grass. After checking in, you are ushered to a cozy cocktail tent done up with strings of lights and greenery to sip botanical cocktails.
First to arrive was a beetroot salad. The bitter earthy flavour of the beets was complemented by sweet apples and crunchy sunchoke chips. For the main, ginger and soy glazed crispy tofu plated carefully on a bed of strikingly black forbidden rice was brought to the table. To wrap up the experience was a dessert that delightfully refreshing and light: vanilla and lime marinated pineapple, topped with coconut mousse, and mint leaves.
Dining is no longer just about the food; diners want to experience something unique and social media worthy. Events such as Dinner in the Sky offered guests two dining options: ‘Sweet and Savoury’ or ‘Dinner in the Sky’ to choose from. It operated in 2017 and 2018, and though there is no indication of when the event will return, it was located in West Vancouver or, more specifically, suspended 100-feet above West Vancouver! A classic Vancouver dining experience is Diner en Blanc. Thousands of white-clad Vancouverites converge upon a secret location for the largest and most glamourous picnic of the summer.
Dinner with a View Proves its More Than a Trend
- Mona Butler is a writer for EcoLuxLuv Communications. Mona has a passion for cruelty-free beauty and is constantly on the lookout for new product recommendations. When not working, she spends her free time in the gym or with her nose in a book.
- Beauty2020.05.20EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Locally Created Loa Skin is a Botanical Beauty Elixir in a Bottle
- Beauty2020.05.17EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Lavido Skincare Replenishes with Plant Power
- Health & Wellness2020.05.08EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Healthy Tips to Help Stay Positive During COVID-19
- Beauty2020.04.30EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Raincry Volume Collection Offers Hair a Cleaner Boost