Did you know that every year across BC over 700,000 people are injured, and 60 per cent of all adult trauma cases are managed by VGH & UBC Hospital? That VGH performs more than 30,000 surgeries and there are more than 600,000 patient visits to the hospital? Or that a single stretcher costs around $6,800? Neither did we!
The Millionaire Lottery helps fund an extensive amount of hospital equipment and specialized medical devices, as well as much-needed research; ultimately saving the lives of our friends and neighbours every day. That is why community support of the Millionaire Lottery is so important to our communities and to those who seek care here.
To date, over $58 million has been raised for the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation, which is amazing and thanks to the hard work of everyone involved.
“The selection of grand prize show homes this year is over the top,” said Todd Talbot, Millionaire Lottery Spokesperson. “For example, the 6,494 sq./ft. prize home in Langley, which is on a one-acre lot, has four bedrooms, five bathrooms, a two-bedroom legal suite, and a 1,300 sq./ft. detached shop. Truly a spectacular grand prize, and all proceeds from lottery ticket purchases go towards supporting VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation!”
The grand prize winner can choose one of seven luxury homes located in Vancouver, North Vancouver, White Rock, Langley, Sidney, Sooke Point, and Kelowna. The winner also has the option of choosing $2.7 million in tax-free cash instead of taking one of the prize homes.
We recently toured the North Vancouver home at the Cascade at the Pier development and can share just how spacious and comfortable the two-bedroom suite is. Additionally, the eastern view from the floor-to-ceiling windows of the adjacent private beach, is worth the price of the lottery ticket alone!
Millionaire Lottery tickets are 2 for $100, 5 for $175, 10 or $250 and 25 for $500. The lottery also includes extra games: the 50/50 PLUS lottery with a maximum prize payout up to $1,140,000 (depending on the number of tickets sold), and the Daily Cash PLUS game returns with 105 days of winning, with a value of all prizes being $300,000.
Background on VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is the philanthropic partner of Vancouver Coastal Health, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care. For more information on the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation visit www.vghfoundation.ca.
More about the Millionaire Lottery
It’s fun to win – and the cause is vital. This is your hospital. The Millionaire Lottery, in support of the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation, has been in operation since 1996. When tickets are purchased, money raised goes to research and urgently needed medical equipment at Vancouver General Hospital, UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre, Vancouver Community Health Services and Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute. For more information on the Millionaire Lottery visit www.millionairelottery.com.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashion2020.05.25EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Poppy & Peonies Launches ‘Mommy and Me’ Benefiting YWCA
- Dining2020.05.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Ampersand Distillery Releases a Vermouth for Summer Cocktails
- Beauty2020.02.18EcoLux☆Lifestyle: LyleXOX: Head of Design Launched at Inform Interiors
- Events2019.12.17EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Are You Ready for the Millionaire Lottery?