Whether you are relaxing at your favourite lounge, lunching at the current hot-spot, or walking in Stanley Park, it is impossible to go anywhere in beautiful Vancouver and not covet thy neighbour’s handbag! Our city is awash in pricy eye-candy in all shapes and sizes. Whether you fancy a tote, shoulder bag, cross body, baguette, clutch, hobo, envelope, satchel, bucket, swagger, shopper, bowling, messenger, wristlet, saddle, barrel, or duffel-style bag, deciding which to invest in is a difficult decision. Short attention spans, love of shopping, and desire to help the environment, leads many of us to make the ecofriendly decision to buy preloved.
Here are the top four businesses that I have either patronized, collaborated with, pulled from, and have definitely recommended over and over to friends and associates.
Vintage luxury bag collector’s love this niche boutique which is nestled within the handbag section of the Hudson’s Bay downtown. A quaint space curated from the east coast includes a selection of classic handbags by all your favourites including Chanel, Dior, Fendi, and Louis Vuitton. LXRandCo also offers a limited selection of accessories including Hermès silk scarves, trendy keychains, and jewelry. Open during Pacific Centre Mall hours.
Whenever I need a unique handbag for an event, I know I can count on Modaselle for having the most incredibly diverse selection available in Vancouver. All the highly coveted brands like Hermès, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Givenchy are fully repped, plus the harder to come-by brands like Delvaux, Alexander McQueen, Mulberry, MCM, Bottega Veneta, and Ferragamo. Modaselle is open for buying and selling Monday through Saturday and is the only boutique on this list which employs the cutting-edge authentication technology, Entrupy, to ensure all buyers are purchasing 100% authentic product. Also, ask about their authentication service!
For your day-to-day lux handbag requirements, Turnabout is a top recommendation. With five locations in the Lower Mainland, they offer a steady supply of great condition Michael Kors, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, with the occasional Hermès Birkin to tease your wallet! Product between the locations differs from South Granville to White Rock, so visit Turnabout’s website as it contains a sampling of what is available in the stores. If a piece online intrigues you, give them a call and ask for the location.
Purveyor of the sweetest handbags from the mostly local fashionista, BeccasBags.ca curates an incredible collection that includes perfect pieces by Chanel, Hermès, Gucci, and Givenchy. Watch her Instagram for the latest ‘drops’ and make an appointment to visit her chic private boutique in Gastown. Expect bespoke service at Becca’s and follow her to ensure you do not miss your opportunity to own the must-have bag of the moment.
I tried to find an image in my portfolio to head up this blog post and none that I have taken captured the exuberance of blogger Karina Karpani at NYFW 2019 with her Clang Rose handbag. Would love to hear from you where you shop your preloved luxury handbags!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home & Decor2019.11.30EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Custom Design Your Home with Lake Effect Interiors
- Personalities2019.11.30EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Fashion Santa Slays While in YVR for Indochino Shoot
- Events2019.11.28EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Vallea Lumina Brings Illumination to Cougar Mountain
- Dining2019.09.15EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Vietnamese Restaurant Do Chay Saigon Launches Exciting Menu