The Be Wise Whisky Festival hosted #BeWise18 of the Speakers Series at the Roundhouse Community Centre in Yaletown. Drew Green (CEO of Indochino) and Jill Earthy (CGO of FrontFundr) shared their stories and vision, brand ambassadors delivered a whole lot of whisky wisdom to an enthusiastic crowd of over 150 people, and facilitated the sampling of over 70 whiskies.
For those not in the know, this fun and informative series was developed exclusively for a select group of business leaders and change makers with each evening including four formal whisky tastings and ends with a reception with whiskies from around the world to taste and sample.
Founded in 2013 in Vancouver, the Whisky Wisemen organization expectedly outgrew YVR city and now operates chapters across Canada, the United States, and the Cayman Islands. To date, the homegrown flagship team has raised more than $35,000 for such charities as Zajac Ranch and Backpack Buddies.
Photographer Kuna Lu and his guest Paulina Zhang attended the Speakers Series in May on behalf of EcoLuxLuv and found it a great evening, not only for those in the business but those looking to expand their knowledge on whisky and spirits, plus the networking wasn’t so bad either!
Drew Green, Chief Executive Officer, Indochino
Drew Green is an award-winning entrepreneur and expert in managing fast-paced, high-growth companies. A visionary leader, Green has created one of the world’s fastest growing apparel brands. Since 2015, he has established over $90M CDN in strategic capital commitments for INDOCHINO, with less than 27% shareholder dilution via these transactions.
Jill Earthy, Chief Growth Officer, FrontFundr
Jill Earthy is an entrepreneurially-minded leader with a passion for supporting entrepreneurship. After completing her MBA, she successfully built two companies, grew them nationally and then sold them. For the past eight years, she has led two non-profit organizations focused on supporting entrepreneurs through the provision of financing, mentorship, and education.
Additional guest speakers were Kevin Yeung of GoGoVan – former Wall Street investment banker who now operates GoGoVan in eight countries including over 100 cities in China alone; and Aviv Milner of BlockSpace Digital Asset Management – helps people invest more safely and with confidence.
Whiskey Wisemen have a vision to grow the fundraising model to every major city across North America and develop a socially conscious way for society to give back to their local communities by leveraging whisky as the common thread. Whisky Wisemen members believe they can empower the next generation of change-makers through unique philanthropic activities but still create a fun, enjoyable atmosphere to connect and collaborate with others.
Does an evening with fellow whisky and spirits aficionados appeal to you? Do you have what it takes to become a Whisky Wiseman?
Visit their website and get involved in future events – there are many planned for the Summer!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. email@example.com
- Events2019.12.17EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Are You Ready for the Millionaire Lottery?
- Home & Decor2019.12.16EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Natalia Vetrova: Classically Trained and Capturing Passion
- Events2019.11.28EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Vallea Lumina Brings Illumination to Cougar Mountain
- Dining2019.09.15EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Vietnamese Restaurant Do Chay Saigon Launches Exciting Menu