“All of the good, none of the bad.” This is likely one of our favourite catchphrases ever, especially when it comes to skincare. Boscia, the 100% vegan skincare brand, trusts in the power of plants to meet every skin necessity. The name, which is a combination of the words Botanical + Science, is the perfect representation of this company’s values and mission. Their ‘plant-to-bottle formulas’ are clinically tested to guarantee the best results for you and the planet. Boscia is free-from chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances and colours, as well as cruelty-free!
For almost two decades, Boscia has been leaning on plant-power for its success as a leading global skincare brand. Co-founder Lan Belinky was born in Japan, which has long been an epicentre for skincare and beauty innovations.
She took great interest in learning the beauty rituals of women in her family back home. Upon moving to North America with her family as a teenager, Lan worked to adapt to a new culture while staying true to her own. Her father, Gen Inomata, fulfilled his own dream of bringing Japanese-rooted skincare to North America through founding Boscia in 2002.
Boscia Focuses on Gentleness
The brand focuses on making products that are gentle enough for sensitive skin while meeting various other skin concerns. One of the many benefits of relying on natural ingredients is that they are effective without being harmful. If you have had trouble finding gentle skincare, we recommend trying Boscia.
The Dynamic Duo You Can Count On
Treat and hydrate with this skincare duo featuring the Plant Stem Cell and Ceramide Barrier-Defense Moisturizer and the 0.6% Pro-retinol Repair + Renew Waterless Advanced Treatment.
Plant Stem Cell and Ceramide Barrier-Defense Moisturizer
A cutting-edge, plant-stem cell-powered moisturizer that hydrates. The porous yet creamy texture is soothing, restores and reduces the appearance of fine lines while providing a protective moisture-lock barrier for the skin with ceramides and antioxidants. The gentle scent makes it suitable for everyday use, with hints of aloe and rose extracts. It can be used in the morning and at night-time after a cleanser and toner.
0.6% Pro-retinol Repair + Renew Waterless Advanced Treatment
This pro-retinol, Bakuchiol, sunflower fatty acid formula is a unique blend that has undergone clinical studies to arrive at the highest efficacy. It produces a skin renewal that shows a visibly smooth, and brightened texture. This traditional retinol and 100% plant-based retinol hybrid are designed with skin sensitivity in mind while being highly concentrated. This is the suitable product if you are looking to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes without any of the accompanying skin irritation. Apply 3-4 drops and massage onto face, neck and chest after cleansing and toning at night. Follow with serum and moisturizer, and apply sunscreen in the morning.
Boscia – Key Ingredients
The brand is very transparent with each ingredient they use for the products, as well as with what each of them does. Here are some of the key ingredients featured in this fantastic duo.
- Retinyl Sunflowerseedate: This non-irritating blend is perfect for sensitive skin while also being known for noticeably diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is comprised of sunflower fatty acids and retinol to drastically improve overall skin texture.
- Bakuchiol: This is the 100% natural alternative to retinol derived from the seeds of the Psoralea Corylifolia plant. Nature’s skin-repair ‘powerhouse’ ingredient evokes the regeneration of skin cells and promotes skin elasticity, as well as helping to reduce blemishes.
- Vitamin C: A widely known dermatologist favourite, Vitamin C is one of the safest ingredients for the skin. Its healing properties soften and even skin tone through brightening and treating dark spots and acne scars. It is also highly effective against sun damage.
- Plant Stem Cells: This antioxidant-rich ingredient is sustainably sourced and fights against visible and invisible environmental stressors. It is both anti-oxidizing and anti-inflammatory and aids the skin in preserving a youthful look and glow.
- Ceramides: A necessary top layer that protects the skin and provides a moisture lock to maximize hydration. It works to improve skin elasticity as well as prevent dryness and irritation.
- Essential Fatty Acids: A healing blend of mango seed and shea butter that soothes and softens skin, while promoting skin cell regeneration and an even skin texture.
Find Boscia at Shoppers Drug Mart, HBC, and on the Boscia website.
- As Editor-in-Chief of EcoLuxLifestyle Magazine, Gio showcases and shines spotlights on Canadian brands and women-led businesses that promote sustainable lifestyles through innovative products and offerings. She is also an assistant editor for additional EcoLuxLuv Communications titles including Folio.YVR, Portfolio.YVR, and West Coast Weddings.
- BeautyNovember 24, 2023Olaplex Launches Trio of Hair Care Kits to Strengthen & Shine
- Dining & BeveragesNovember 23, 2023Artistry in Action: Live Painting at Fairmont Empress Afternoon Tea
- Dining & BeveragesNovember 17, 2023It’s What’s for Brunch! Jamjar Canteen on The Drive
- CharityNovember 15, 2023Toques From The Heart: Knitwear with a Purpose