Longtime associates, Natalia and I share a fondness of designer fashion and bump into each other often as we traverse the boutiques in Kitsilano and South Granville. While she paints, I would love to talk and compare our latest finds, but instead, I sit in silence, envisioning the finished piece. The days fading sunlight is barely illuminating the room as she puts down the brush, smooths back her bangs, and gestures that we move into the anteroom.
In the morning, she is flying to Palm Springs to undertake a new project for a client who owns multiple homes in the US. As a commissioned artist, Natalia taps into her Designer training and love of physical aesthetics, to create lasting beauty in homes. Working one-on-one with clients to understand their vision for a wall, room, or the entire home, Natalia now finds herself traveling more frequently as word of her work spreads.
Recently she expanded her services to include hand-painted wallpaper and custom canvas panels for clients who are looking to move their interior design to the highest level of bespoke.
For clients with multiple homes that wish to carry a particular aesthetic throughout them, this approach allows Natalia to work both onsite and remotely, and to work on multiple projects at the same time.
FROM WHENCE SHE CAME
Exhibiting professionally since her 1995 graduation from the Stroganov Academy of Art in Moscow, she was qualified with a Master of Art Criticism and as a Designer. A journey through Asia as part of a geological expedition satisfied her longing for inspiration, and with a head full of fresh ideas and a sense of wonderment, she relocated to Vancouver.
Influenced by both realism and conceptualism, Natalia displays in her work excellent technical and painterly skills that borrow heavily from classical and mythological motifs. Although her work contains the atmospherics of classic surrealism, Natalia’s compositions are still whimsical and strangely moving.
For the person that appears to have everything and wants for nothing, Natalia and Per have created what can only be described as a legacy collaboration. Together, with the client, they custom design a stunning one-of-a-kind jewelry piece that is realized in the finest gemstones and precious metals, followed by Natalia creating a beautiful painting that incorporates the finished piece into the setting.
Imagine the emotion of owning a stunning bracelet or ring that is immortalized in a lifesize portrait of yourself hanging over the fireplace?
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | email@example.com.
- Fashion2021.01.12EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Toronto’s Jaycow Millinery Offers Up Hella Fun Headgear
- Fashion2020.12.26EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Voes & Co Launches with Cactus-Leather Harlow Chelsea Boots
- Personalities2020.12.16EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Activist Severn Cullis-Suzuki Named Exec Director of Int’l Foundation
- Beauty2020.12.14EcoLux☆Lifestyle: La Spa Offers 7-Day Anti-Aging At-Home Treatment