The long awaited launch of the new Dior in Holt Renfrew did not disappoint! The space located just inside the main entrance features a wide range of women’s luxury products including the 2017 collection of Lady Dior Limited Edition handbags.
Following the success of the Dior Lady Art series in 2016, Dior invited ten international artists to revisit and create a reinvention of the iconic Lady Dior bag, many of which are on display and available for sale at the boutique at Holt Renfrew.
Lee Bul, John Giorno, Hong Hao, Jack Pierson, Friedrich Kunath, Namsa Leuba, Betty Mariani, Jamilla Okubo, Spencer Sweeney and David Wiseman were invited to unveil their personal vision of the timeless bag and transpose their creativity into a new medium.
The latest creations include a striking interpretation by South Korean artist Lee Bul, whose bag (below) is covered with a dozen tiny mirrors slanted in different directions, making the whole bag appear to be one big shattered mirror. Unfortunately for launch night attendees, this reflective bag was snatched up before the event!
Take a 360 degree cruise through the new Dior.
Before heading over to Dior, I made a stop at Modaselle, my fave preloved luxury accessories boutique, for a bling top-up. The clustered pearl necklace and marble earrings are from a past season of the Dior Tribales and befitting an all black ensemble.
- Helen Siwak is the Founder and President of EcoLuxLuv Communications | Publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and EcoLuxLifestyle.co | Chief Marketing Officer for Dea Fortuna Global and Gold Emotion Asia | Founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group | Owner and Activist at LittleBlack.Tee | West coast correspondent to Retail-Insider | Collaborations and business opportunities welcome to email@example.com.
- Charity2020.09.15EcoLux☆Lifestyle: SPLASH Art Auction & Gala Returns! Reimagined & Luxe as Ever
- GetAway2020.09.03EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Hotel Zed Tofino Takes Retro Kitsch to a Whole New Level of Swank
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2020.08.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Michelle Rizzardo Excels at ‘One of a Few’ Curation
- GetAway2020.08.19EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Explore Canada this Summer (Responsibly) with Indigenous-Led ‘Escape from Home’ Adventures