Oakridge Centre has launched their fourth annual LunarFest New Year celebration which will run to February 25, 2018, will be in support of the BC SPCA. For the duration of the festival, 100 “Year of the Dog” inspired, artist rendered figurines will be located in retailer storefronts throughout Oakridge Centre, and at the conclusion of the festival they will be available for purchase for $38. All proceeds from the adoption of these dog-inspired sculptures will go to the BC SPCA. Additionally during LunarFest, guests are invited to upload images of their dog(s) with #dogsofoakridge and Oakridge Centre will donate $1 to the BC SPCA for every posting.
“With 2018 being Year of the Dog, it was a natural fit for Oakridge Centre to raise funds and awareness for the BC SPCA. The society is an exceptional organization and we are thrilled to support them,” said Susan Nicol, General Manager for Oakridge Centre. “Lunar New Year at Oakridge will be an inspiring, stylish and entertaining celebration that the whole family can enjoy.”
A few of the additional Oakridge Centre LunarFest events include:
- “Perfect Year of the Dog” exhibit – 10 gold dogs carved by artists in various dog-like positions, will be sitting atop the Oakridge fountains located in the East Galleria. They will be surrounded by themed décor, as well as looks for the season on mannequins sporting retail merchandise. These ten golden dogs were designed by Jessica Sung, a Taiwanese-Canadian artist residing in Vancouver, and sculpted in Taiwan. Having the dogs be golden is not only to celebrate the Lunar New Year, but combined with this simple yet priceless symbiotic relationship, Sung wishes to inspire the viewer to evoke equally strong, positive emotions about the year to come.
I loved them all but here is just a taste of my faves:
- 100 “Year of the Dog” inspired figurines will be located in retailer storefronts throughout Oakridge Centre and available for adoption with proceeds benefiting the BC SPCA – details above.
- Lantern of Blessings exhibit – Over 800 Blessing lanterns will hang from a 50’ archway located in the West Galleria.
For a full list of activities, maps and directions, and store hours, click here!
- Helen Siwak is the Founder and President of EcoLuxLuv Communications | Publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and EcoLuxLifestyle.co | Chief Marketing Officer for Dea Fortuna Global and Gold Emotion Asia | Founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group | Owner and Activist at LittleBlack.Tee | West coast correspondent to Retail-Insider | Collaborations and business opportunities welcome to email@example.com.
- Charity2020.09.15EcoLux☆Lifestyle: SPLASH Art Auction & Gala Returns! Reimagined & Luxe as Ever
- GetAway2020.09.03EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Hotel Zed Tofino Takes Retro Kitsch to a Whole New Level of Swank
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2020.08.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Michelle Rizzardo Excels at ‘One of a Few’ Curation
- GetAway2020.08.19EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Explore Canada this Summer (Responsibly) with Indigenous-Led ‘Escape from Home’ Adventures