Taiwanese luxury fashion brand Douchanglee opened their first Canadian location at West Vancouver’s Park Royal in April. Launched in 1995 by Dou Teng-huang and Zhang Li Yu-jing, the duo presented their first concept store in 2003.
Canadian licensee Jack Wang invited media and VIP guests to a celebretory afternoon event at the Hy Tea Lounge in Kitsilano. Wang explained how he wanted to bring Douchanglee to Canada after encouragement from his wife, who is a fan of the brand. He said that she found it challenging to find clothing from other brands in the Lower Mainland with a similar fit, quality and styling, prompting the entrepreneur to strike a deal with Taiwan’s Douchanglee to enter the Canadian market. It helped that Wang and his family are friends with the husband-wife duo behind the brand Ten-huang and Yu-jing.
The designers graduated from the Department of Fashion Design at Taipei Shijiazhuang University in 1991 and during their studies, they won the first prize of the ‘4th ROC Fashion Design Newcomer Award’ for Taiwan’s design industry.
The 2,500-square-foot store has elements of avant garde and retrochic throughout with the use of stainless steel, acrylic, velvet, and leather, as its key visual elements. Aficionados of J W Anderson and JNBY will find the Douchanglee pieces easily blended into their wardrobes.
Stocking the Spring/Summer 2018 offerings the new location in Park Royal will also have a selection from previous collections; fans of this elegant and unique line enjoy the versatility of the pieces for day/night wear.
Douchanglee currently operates several stores throughout Taiwan (5 boutiques, 9 department store ‘corners’ and 4 franchises), and will soon open in Paris, France.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is the founder of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | email@example.com.
- Beauty2021.10.05Teaology: Introduces 3 Powerful Serums Infused with Tea
- Beauty2021.09.28DEUX Cosmetics: Quebec Brand Launches Crueltyfree Discovery Boxes
- Fashion2021.09.25ESPE Studio: Crueltyfree Collection with Retro Inspiration
- GetAway2021.08.25Rocky Mountaineer Rolls Through the Red Rocks of the Southwest USA