Get your oat milk ready! These perfectly dunkable Double Fudge Cookies with Sea Salt cookies are exploding with chocolatey goodness and have a whisper of salt to enhance the fudge flavour. They are gluten-free adaptable, only require one bowl and no fancy baking skills are needed. They are crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle and so good!
Double Fudge Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields 24 cookies
For Double Fudge Cookies with Sea Salt
sugar, organic if possible
brown sugar, organic if possible
unsweetened plant milk (I prefer oat)
all-purpose flour or 1:1 gluten-free baking flour, if needed
natural cacao powder
vegan chocolate chips
coarse sea salt for sprinkling on top
Instructions / Double Fudge Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F ensuring the oven rack is in the centre position. Line 1-2 large baking trays with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl add plant butter, sugar and packed brown sugar. Cream together using a handheld mixer, stand mixer or use the tines of a fork until the butter and sugar are soft and fluffy. Add an unsweetened plant vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Measure flour and cacao by gently spooning them into measuring cups and leavening off with a knife. Sift together flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to make uniform balls of dough. Place on a lined cookie sheet ensuring there is space to allow the cookies to spread. Place extra chocolate chips on top, if desired. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- If using 2 cookie sheets place 1 sheet in the oven to cook for 10 minutes while scooping dough onto the second. Remove from oven (cookies may still be soft). Allow cooling on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing.
- Susan Pratt is an entrepreneur, vegan chef, food photographer and author who enjoys life with her family in beautiful North Vancouver. Susan shares her love of cooking vegan for her family through her SusanCooksVegan brand that eating healthy doesn't need to be daunting or inaccessible. Susan creates approachable, delicious and visually appealing plant-based dishes and shares recipes and video demos on her website. Watch for the exciting upcoming launch of The Susan Cooks Vegan Cooking Show series on UnchainedTV: Vegan News Network.
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.24#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make A Carrot Lox Vegan Cream Cheese Bagel
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.16#SusanCooksVegan: Let’s Make Sweet Ginger Cauliflower
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.08#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.03#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make Miso Glazed Vegan Mushroom Scallops