You will not be able to resist this Skinny Green Pea Guacamole. Some say that guacamole is reserved for the summer, but if you ask me, it is an all-year-round sort of dish. Some recipes add salsa, corn, I have seen it all. My recipe adds peas, and it is a great way to include protein and freshness to go along with the healthy fats from the avocado. With that said, it’s still creamy, but you can eat more!
Did you know that green peas have a low-calorie content of only 62 calories per 1/2 cup? 70% of those calories come from carbs, and the rest are by protein and a minimal amount of fat? The best part about peas is that they contain almost every vitamin and mineral you need and a large amount of fibre.
Skinny Green Pea Guacamole
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields 4 cups | 288 calories/serving
For Skinny Green Pea Guacamole
2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
2 cups of fresh peas or frozen and defrosted peas
½ medium white or red onion, finely diced
1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and finely diced
1 large roma tomato, seeded and diced
1 clove of garlic, finely diced
¼ cup or 2 limes
½ tsp of salt
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Instructions / Skinny Green Pea Guacamole
- In a large bowl, add the avocado and mash with a fork. Add the lime juice and salt and mix well.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, process the peas until they are creamy. Add peas to the avocado mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, tomato and cilantro. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 20mins before serving.
- Susan Pratt is an entrepreneur, vegan chef, food photographer and author who enjoys life with her family in beautiful North Vancouver. Susan shares her love of cooking vegan for her family through her SusanCooksVegan brand that eating healthy doesn't need to be daunting or inaccessible. Susan creates approachable, delicious and visually appealing plant-based dishes and shares recipes and video demos on her website. Watch for the exciting upcoming launch of The Susan Cooks Vegan Cooking Show series on UnchainedTV: Vegan News Network.
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.24#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make A Carrot Lox Vegan Cream Cheese Bagel
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.16#SusanCooksVegan: Let’s Make Sweet Ginger Cauliflower
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.08#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.03#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make Miso Glazed Vegan Mushroom Scallops