Everyone will love to dig into this Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait. The best part about this recipe is that it is two-in-one! If you do not have ingredients for all, just make one.
This recipe, much like my others, is made with wholesome ingredients. I like to create sweet treats that we can feel good about eating, especially since we will be going back for seconds and thirds. You can enjoy this for breakfast, brunch, a snack, or a light dessert with refreshing ingredients. I suggest pre-batching the chia pudding and the nice cream the night before so that all you need to do is assemble and serve.
To Make The Strawberry Nice Cream
To make a Strawberry Nice Cream for this Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait, all you need to do is place all ingredients into a blender and blend. You can serve it immediately or leave it covered in the freezer for up to two weeks.
To Make The Chia Pudding
To create your Chia Pudding for this Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait, you will want to stir together your ingredients. I like to use a mason jar because all you have to do is shake it! Once the ingredients are well combined, let it sit and place it in the fridge overnight. Voila! In the morning, you will have your pudding. Then, assemble your parfait in layers as recommended below. This is so simple and delicious!
Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1-2 hours | Total Time: 70-130 minutes
Yields 2-4 cups
For Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait
Dragon Fruit Chia Layer:
1 cup plant milk (almond, soy, cashew, oat)
¼ cup chia seeds
1 tsp dragon fruit (Unicorn Superfoods pink pitaya powder)
1 tbsp maple syrup
Nice Cream Layer:
3 bananas frozen and cut into chunks
2 ½ cup of frozen strawberries
1 tsp vanilla
2-4 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
¼ cup plant milk (more if needed)
kiwi slices and quarters
Instructions / Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait
To make Chia Pudding:
- Stir together chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, and dragon fruit powder in a bowl or mason jar. If you use a mason jar, you can put the lid on and shake the mixture to combine everything.
- Once the chia pudding mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5 minutes. Stir or shake once again to break up any clumps of chia remaining. Cover and put the mixture in the fridge and sit for 1-2 hours, but preferably overnight. The result of the pudding should be nice and thick. If it is too runny, add more chia seeds (about 1 tbsp), stir and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
To make the Nice Cream:
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender, bowl or food processor.
- Process or blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Add more milk if necessary.
- Use immediately or store leftovers covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Allow thawing slightly before serving again.
Assembling the parfaits:
- Assemble the parfaits in a clear cup or jar. Place the kiwi slices around the inside (optional) and fill halfway with the strawberry banana nice cream. Top with chia seed pudding, kiwi slices and edible flowers.
- Susan Pratt is an entrepreneur, vegan chef, food photographer and author who enjoys life with her family in beautiful North Vancouver. Susan shares her love of cooking vegan for her family through her SusanCooksVegan brand that eating healthy doesn't need to be daunting or inaccessible. Susan creates approachable, delicious and visually appealing plant-based dishes and shares recipes and video demos on her website. Watch for the exciting upcoming launch of The Susan Cooks Vegan Cooking Show series on UnchainedTV: Vegan News Network.
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.24#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make A Carrot Lox Vegan Cream Cheese Bagel
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.16#SusanCooksVegan: Let’s Make Sweet Ginger Cauliflower
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.08#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait
- #SusanCooksVegan2022.06.03#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make Miso Glazed Vegan Mushroom Scallops