Even though we are out and about more these days, there are no reasons why we cannot be chic and stay comfy! Having found a new appreciation for loungewear over the past few years, we are all here for these three Canadian loungewear brands that are keeping it real with their customers. So let’s all get comfortable and stylish with these sustainably made garments.
Soft Focus has created a size-inclusive line of stylish loungewear with contemporary silhouettes. Sammi Smith founded the brand, which produces tops, bottoms, robes and scrunchies in small batches using sustainably sourced materials. The garments are as comfortable as pyjamas with plant-based materials like cotton, Tencel and linen while giving a polished look. Soft Focus has a simple goal, to make easy, casual clothing that does not sacrifice personal style for comfort.
Maylyn & Co.
May Deldari‘s Maylyn & Co. is a PETA-approved brand designing lingerie, loungewear and robes made with vegan silk, organic cotton, modal, recycled polyester from recycled plastic bottles and containers, and chemical and toxin-free lotus fibres. The brand believes in slow fashion and manufactures in small batches with less excess stock. The founder of Maylyn & Co. started because of a skin sensitivity to synthetic fibres, so you can be assured all fabrics used are super soft, durable, and moisture-wicking for comfort.
LEZÉ the Label
LEZÉ the Label is a Vancouver-based brand founded by friends Karen Lee and Tanya Lee. Together they make loungewear that looks chic enough to wear to work but so comfortable that it feels like pyjamas. The garments are made from a combination of nylon made from recycled fishing nets, cellulose sourced from beech trees, and yarn infused with reused coffee grinds. This inclusive brand values transparency and strives to cultivate conscious retail practices for its customers. LEZÉ the Label brings style to the office, home, and everywhere.
We love these brands that make garments that are made to last and keep you looking and feeling good. When shopping for loungewear and pyjamas, we recommend checking the tags to ensure you get high-quality products that are sustainably made and cruelty-free.
- Olivia is passionate about fashion, writing and supporting brands that go above and beyond to support environmental and ethical issues. She believes in living an eco-friendly lifestyle and shopping sustainably and locally. As she learns more, Olivia strives to find brands to showcase that create high-quality products worthy of support.
- Fashion2022.05.01Sustainable Shopping: Canadian Brands that Bring it! From Kotn to Franc
- Fashion2022.04.25Sustainable Activewear: Introducing Alder, tentree, Free Label & Vitae Apparel
- Fashion2022.04.18Sustainable Loungewear: Stay Stylish & Comfy in These 3 Chic Lines
- Fashion2022.04.11Sustainable Shopping: Outerwear that Gets You Outside in Style