Grammy Award winner and philanthropist David Foster thanked gala attendees and concert ticket holders for attending the 30th Anniversary David Foster Foundation Miracle Gala & Concert at Rogers Arena and helping to raise a record-breaking $10.2 million to help Canadian families.
Since its inception, the David Foster Foundation has worked to support the non-medical expenses of close to 1,100 families across Canada during their transplant journey; the Foundation’s financial commitment to families’ averages to $10,000. Financial support of non-medical expenses ranges from mortgage, rent, and car payments to airline tickets, groceries, parking, and gas. Often, families have to travel away from home and set up temporary housing close to one of the pediatric transplant hospitals in Canada.
The evening began with the star-studded arrival of guests, VIPs, and celebrities along the purple carpet (the Foundation’s preferred colour) at Rogers Arena. The star-studded evening was seamlessly emceed by HLN’s Michaela Pereira and CTV’s Ben Mulroney. The more than 850 gala guests and 9,000 concert attendees were treated to performances by Grammy Award-winners David Fosterand Steven Tyler; Jay Leno; The Tenors; Carly Rae Jepsen; Matteo Bocelli;and Laura Bretan. Surprise guest Reba McEntire joined Foster on stage for an upbeat country jam prior to Steven Tyler who closed out the show.
Attendees and friends of the Foundation, Jim Pattison and Jim & Sandi Treliving, supported the evening’s cause by donating $1 million to the fundraising goal of the evening. Dozens of attendees showed their support during the evening’s ‘sponsor a family’ fundraising pledge drive, with many joining Oprah, Steven Tyler, and Dr. Phil by supporting ten families for one year, or a $100,000 commitment.
As part of the gala, Jim Pattison and Walter Schneider were honoured as the recipients of the David Foster Foundation Visionary Awards, which recognize individuals making extraordinary contributions to local, regional, and national humanitarian efforts. These awards are presented annually at the David Foster Foundation Miracle Gala & Concert.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation
- CharityOctober 4, 2023Arts Umbrella Presents the 41st Edition of the Splash Art Auction
- FashionSeptember 21, 2023ORAKI: Cynthia Savard Brings Her Passion to the West Coast