Grammy Award winner and philanthropist David Foster thanked gala attendees and concert ticket holders for attending the 30th Anniversary David Foster Foundation Miracle Gala & Concert at Rogers Arena and helping to raise a record-breaking $10.2 million to help Canadian families.
Since its inception, the David Foster Foundation has worked to support the non-medical expenses of close to 1,100 families across Canada during their transplant journey; the Foundation’s financial commitment to families’ averages to $10,000. Financial support of non-medical expenses ranges from mortgage, rent, and car payments to airline tickets, groceries, parking, and gas. Often, families have to travel away from home and set up temporary housing close to one of the pediatric transplant hospitals in Canada.
The evening began with the star-studded arrival of guests, VIPs, and celebrities along the purple carpet (the Foundation’s preferred colour) at Rogers Arena. The star-studded evening was seamlessly emceed by HLN’s Michaela Pereira and CTV’s Ben Mulroney. The more than 850 gala guests and 9,000 concert attendees were treated to performances by Grammy Award-winners David Fosterand Steven Tyler; Jay Leno; The Tenors; Carly Rae Jepsen; Matteo Bocelli;and Laura Bretan. Surprise guest Reba McEntire joined Foster on stage for an upbeat country jam prior to Steven Tyler who closed out the show.
Attendees and friends of the Foundation, Jim Pattison and Jim & Sandi Treliving, supported the evening’s cause by donating $1 million to the fundraising goal of the evening. Dozens of attendees showed their support during the evening’s ‘sponsor a family’ fundraising pledge drive, with many joining Oprah, Steven Tyler, and Dr. Phil by supporting ten families for one year, or a $100,000 commitment.
As part of the gala, Jim Pattison and Walter Schneider were honoured as the recipients of the David Foster Foundation Visionary Awards, which recognize individuals making extraordinary contributions to local, regional, and national humanitarian efforts. These awards are presented annually at the David Foster Foundation Miracle Gala & Concert.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | email@example.com.
- Beauty2021.02.08EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Obakki Launches New Cold-Pressed Soaps that are Free-of & 100% Natural
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2021.02.01EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Preparing for the 2021 Spring Clean with Honest Cleaning and Services
- Most Popular Stories2021.01.19EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Ann Goldberg Creates Decadent Art That Tantalizes
- Fashion2021.01.12EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Toronto’s Jaycow Millinery Offers Up Hella Fun Headgear