Vancouver-based members-only club Dea Fortuna ventured out for an exclusive tasting event that began at the city’s only small batch gin and spirits distillery. Long Table is Vancouver’s first micro-distillery co-founded in 2010 by head distillers Charles Tremewen and partner Rita.
The Tremewen’s focus is on producing handcrafted, premium-quality gins, and unique spirits with botanicals such as juniper, lemon peel, grains of paradise, coriander seed, angelica root, cardamom, orris root, and cassia bark.
Located at 1451 Hornby Street, tucked between downtown and the harbour, this cozy location is an ideal space to get the Dea Fortuna members together for a tasting of award-winning local selections, to meet Charles, and tour through the facility.
Dea Fortuna founder Kevin Sung, welcomed all guests and after a few obligatory shots (of the digital kind) a convivial evening was underway.
A quick change of venue had attendees welcoming a hearty spread at the Urban Winery which included an array of delicious handcrafted pizza and charcuterie trays, enjoyed with a series of pairings from their ‘Reliance’ series of white, rose, and reds.
Urban Winery is a small batch winery producing hand-crafted wines from 100% BC grapes in Railtown. Their tasting room offers 36 wines on tap featuring their in-house wines alongside a rotating selection of other locally produced BC wines, plus a delicious menu of food and beer.
The evening wound down with talk of the upcoming Smoke on the Water event and the imminent arrival of fall.
Dea Fortuna is gaining acclaim as a private membership club with a focus on the finest of company and experiences which includes the world’s best alcohol and spirits. Purveyors of Champagne Salon de Mesnil, Tequila Clase Azul, The Glenlivet, and cocktails crafted by barman Andrew Fletcher. Visit their website and scroll down for membership application information.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at email@example.com.
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation
- CharityOctober 4, 2023Arts Umbrella Presents the 41st Edition of the Splash Art Auction
- FashionSeptember 21, 2023ORAKI: Cynthia Savard Brings Her Passion to the West Coast