Earlier this month – all the way from New York – Louis Vuitton treated Vancouver luxury accessory aficionados to an exhibit of hard-sided artisanal luggage from their Asnières atelier. Complete with a duo of artisans who discussed and demonstrated the creation of the bespoke pieces that have traveled across continent for our viewing and appreciation.
Entitled ‘Savoir Faire,’ the pieces presented in private area of the Fairmont Hotel this month, included a Secretaire chaussures for the storing of 30 pairs of shoes, a trunk containing a roulette wheel for in-home casino parties, a custom tea caddy, a wardrobe that transform any hotel room into an office by unfolding into a desk with drawers, numerous exotic handbags, and a gorgeous amount of jewellery.
Creative director Nicolas Ghesquière continues to celebrate the wondrous history of Louis Vuitton with intriguing collaborations, revisiting classic shapes, and bringing the beauty directly to our luxury hungry city.
As the exhibition pulls out of Vancouver today, if you do not want to let go of that warm fuzzy feeling, visit my friends at Modaselle on Seymour where all the top preloved LV classics live with a selection of the hard-to-find bags, and even a set of rosewood monogrammed chopsticks!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation
- CharityOctober 4, 2023Arts Umbrella Presents the 41st Edition of the Splash Art Auction
- FashionSeptember 21, 2023ORAKI: Cynthia Savard Brings Her Passion to the West Coast