Earlier this month – all the way from New York – Louis Vuitton treated Vancouver luxury accessory aficionados to an exhibit of hard-sided artisanal luggage from their Asnières atelier. Complete with a duo of artisans who discussed and demonstrated the creation of the bespoke pieces that have traveled across continent for our viewing and appreciation.
Entitled ‘Savoir Faire,’ the pieces presented in private area of the Fairmont Hotel this month, included a Secretaire chaussures for the storing of 30 pairs of shoes, a trunk containing a roulette wheel for in-home casino parties, a custom tea caddy, a wardrobe that transform any hotel room into an office by unfolding into a desk with drawers, numerous exotic handbags, and a gorgeous amount of jewellery.
Creative director Nicolas Ghesquière continues to celebrate the wondrous history of Louis Vuitton with intriguing collaborations, revisiting classic shapes, and bringing the beauty directly to our luxury hungry city.
As the exhibition pulls out of Vancouver today, if you do not want to let go of that warm fuzzy feeling, visit my friends at Modaselle on Seymour where all the top preloved LV classics live with a selection of the hard-to-find bags, and even a set of rosewood monogrammed chopsticks!
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is the founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co), and V.E.G. Networking Group | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fashion2021.12.03ecologyst: Slow Fashion for the People, the Planet, on Purpose
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2021.11.22Smash + Tess Launch Holiday Pop-Up in Coquitlam Centre!
- EcoLuxLiving Blog2021.11.15Planted Expo Features 200+ Plantbased Vendors & Key Speakers Rich Roll & Dr. Matthew Nagra
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2021.11.15Virchew’s Founder Laura Simonson says ‘It’s the Perfect Time to Chews Love’