Miuccia Prada, inspired by a “madness for glamour,” had the entirety of Auguste Perret’s Palais d’léna in Paris – including ornate staircases, furniture, columns, and all the floors – covered in a luscious curly lavender ‘eco-fur.’
As the last runway on the final day of Paris Fashion Week, Miu Miu swept the attendees into a 1970s-inspired attitude of carefree kitsch with bold florals and kitten patterns on jumpsuits, to-the-knee fuzzy mukluks, insanely impractical mittens, and transparent trenches.
Once again, Miu Miu presented a whimsical dream world and a collection of Gatsby-esque glamour in the softest pastel palette juxtaposed with heavy textures of faux-fur (80%) and fur (20%), to wear within it. Hues being blue, purple, green, and yellow. Crisp, sophisticated knitwear was embellished with metallic applique’s and striping, contrasting with the almost cartoonish proportions of the outerwear, which needed to be restrained with strong belting.
Accessories included glittery headbands and over-sized earrings, rhinestone belts, hats that ranged from news-boy to voluminous mushroom shapes, and footwear bejewelled and/or smothered in faux/fur.
While fashion stalwarts like Anna Dello Russo, Olivia Palermo, and Dasha Zhukova rubbed shoulders in the front row, it was the diversity on display that had people talking. On the runway was Kendall Jenner and Yeezy model Jasmine Daniels. Aaliyah Hydes, and Elizabeth Ayodele, with the rumoured new face of the brand, Game of Thrones actor Maisie Williams watching from the side.
Backstage, Miuccia Prada offered sage advice to the Miu Miu lovers of the world. The Fall/Winter 2017 Collection: “It‘s about the madness of glamour, in front of an uncertain future,” she said, “and l am getting really interested in so many kinds of beauty.”
(This article was originally published with my byline in HLM Magazine).
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is the founder of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | email@example.com.
- Beauty2021.10.05Teaology: Introduces 3 Powerful Serums Infused with Tea
- Beauty2021.09.28DEUX Cosmetics: Quebec Brand Launches Crueltyfree Discovery Boxes
- Fashion2021.09.25ESPE Studio: Crueltyfree Collection with Retro Inspiration
- GetAway2021.08.25Rocky Mountaineer Rolls Through the Red Rocks of the Southwest USA