The reissue of the original OMEGA Railmaster of 1957, fits in with fashion credo ‘what was old is new again’ and this world-class watch company is proudly paying tribute to its industrial past, with a new denim-inspired model.
Although they are now a fashion item and integral part of the ‘Canadian Tuxedo,’ denim jeans were once manufactured purely for the benefit of hard-working labourers in the American West. For a long time, the robust cloth was the choice of miners, factory workers, farmers, and of course, those on the railroads. And their sturdy trousers or overalls would have gone hand-in-hand with the watch on their wrist.
To link the iconic material with this new Railmaster, OMEGA has created a vertically-brushed “blue jeans” dial that features indexes and hands with light-grey Super-LumiNova. There is also a beige lollipop central seconds hand and transferred Railmaster indication that is both reminiscent of the coloured stitching found in denim jeans.
Most uniquely, the model is beautifully presented on a genuine blue denim NATO strap with brown leather used on the underside and for the keepers. The same model is alternatively available on a stainless steel bracelet.
Following the design of the Railmaster’s modern facelift, the 40 mm brushed symmetrical case is made from stainless steel and features a conical crown and a wave-edged caseback with a NAIAD LOCK system to keep the wording in perfect position.
More than 60 years on, OMEGA is still one of the industry’s leading names in anti-magnetic innovation and, inside this new watch, the brand has included a Master Chronometer Calibre 8806 which is 15 times more resistant than the original Railmaster models. Certified at the industry’s highest standard by the Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS), all Master Chronometer models are able to withstand magnetism of 15,000 gauss.
This watch will be available in September and will retail for $6,100 at the flagship OMEGA boutique at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver at 900 West Georgia Street.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is the founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co), and V.E.G. Networking Group | email@example.com.
- Fashion2021.12.03ecologyst: Slow Fashion for the People, the Planet, on Purpose
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2021.11.22Smash + Tess Launch Holiday Pop-Up in Coquitlam Centre!
- EcoLuxLiving Blog2021.11.15Planted Expo Features 200+ Plantbased Vendors & Key Speakers Rich Roll & Dr. Matthew Nagra
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2021.11.15Virchew’s Founder Laura Simonson says ‘It’s the Perfect Time to Chews Love’