Arts Umbrella’s annual charitable art auction will launch with a collection of artworks donated by many of Canada’s leading artists. The 2023 Splash Art Auction and new programming elements for its highly anticipated art auction will be revealed on Saturday, October 21, at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Presented by Nicola Wealth and co-chaired by the dynamic team of Christie Garofalo and Bruce Munro Wright, O.B.C., Splash is the non-profit’s flagship fundraiser with proceeds supporting access to an arts education for young people across Metro Vancouver and beyond.
The 2023 Splash Collection will spotlight almost 100 works generously donated by established and emerging Canadian artists, including Rebecca Belmore, Bobbie Burgers, Edward Burtynsky, Stan Douglas, James Harry (Nexw’Kalus) and Lauren Brevner, Russna Kaur, and Wanda Koop, among others.
Ahead of the Auction, the general public can preview the artwork at Vancouver’s Pendulum Gallery from September 25-October 19. Punctuating the exhibition will be an engaging and educational series of art talks and tours.
Guests of the Live Art Auction can expect to see the return of hosts Fred Lee and Gloria Macarenko, student performances by Arts Umbrella Dance Company and the Pre-Professional Musical Theatre Troupe, and a lively Auction led by auctioneer Hank Bull. The evening will also include a major announcement and culminate with an unforgettable art-inspired Fashion Moment. In an exciting partnership with Holt Renfrew and together with Kelly Streit of Mode Models International, the Fashion Moment will feature international top models, including Heather Marks.
“Every year, I am blown away by the generosity of the artists who contribute to Splash,” says Paul Larocque, President & CEO of Arts Umbrella. “Since its inception, Splash has raised $11 million in net proceeds to ensure the sustainability of Arts Umbrella and advance its mission to make arts education accessible to as many young people as possible. I am grateful for our hardworking team of volunteers and staff, our sponsors, and the community’s unwavering commitment to supporting the next generation of artists.”
In addition to the Vancouver Splash committee, the 41st edition of Splash sees an expanded committee of volunteers in the Calgary and Toronto markets, enabling the non-profit to grow its presence across the country and reach national art buyers.
The already sold-out event will attract 600 attendees for its in-person experience at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. While additional tickets are waitlisted, art enthusiasts near and far can still participate in this year’s event through an At-Home experience and live telephone bidding. The 2023 Splash Art Collection is now available to view online with advance bidding for the Live and Online Auctions starting today, September 25, at www.SplashArtAuction.com.
For more information and to join the in-person waitlist, please visit https://www.artsumbrella.com/splash/.
Header image is an incredible sculpture by Lisa Turner.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at email@example.com.
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation
- CharityOctober 4, 2023Arts Umbrella Presents the 41st Edition of the Splash Art Auction
- FashionSeptember 21, 2023ORAKI: Cynthia Savard Brings Her Passion to the West Coast