In 2014, when HGTV began wooing homeowners (and those who sought to join the club), to the idea of less is more when it comes to home ownership, not once did I think that I would be entertaining the idea of a ‘tiny home!’ but seriously – what is not to love? They are amazing!
The 47th annual BC Home + Garden Show returns to BC Place Stadium from Feb. 21-25 and will include the unveiling of the Tiny Home Village presented by Mint Tiny House Company, a collection of small modern homes designed to revolutionize the concept of city and suburban living alike.
The tiny homes are built using similar specifications as a traditional home, except they are on wheels, and obviously much smaller, By using 2×4 wooden construction, or a metal frame, they are able to create that cozy feeling on a mobile base, giving owners endless options to create their dream home.
Complete with high-end appliances and fully customizable layouts, the tiny home trend has taken off in major hotspots like Vancouver for its multitude of options. Whether you want to create a separate space for visiting family and weekend guests, or want to create your own second home on the Sunshine Coast, the tiny home option is incredibly affordable given BC’s pricy real estate and property markets.
Founded in South Delta in 2014 by husband and wife team, Brian & Shannon Persse, Mint Tiny House Company gives you the chance to customize every inch of your future tiny home or to select from a variety of existing models. The three tiny homes that make up the Tiny Home Village were designed with different lifestyles in mind to show off how versatile the homes are: one for a retired couple, one for a family, and another for a single person. With each only between 150 to 280 square feet of space, attendees will be able to explore each small sanctuary and how they can be developed for any unique needs.
“We are so excited to be bringing our tiny homes to Vancouver homeowners at this year’s BC Home + Garden Show,” said Shannon Persse, co-founder of Mint Tiny House Company. “The Tiny Home Village will give people a chance to see what is possible in such a small space and we think they’ll be impressed! It’s hard to imagine that a home this small could come with all the luxuries and amenities you need to live comfortably, but each of our homes is fully outfitted with the top appliances, high-quality finishes, and space-saving methods. You may just take home some inspiration on how to make the most of your existing space after visiting!”
The BC Home + Garden Show runs from Wednesday, Feb. 21 to Sunday, Feb. 25 at BC Place Stadium. For more information, or to buy tickets online and save $3 courtesy of RenovationFind.com, visit http://bchomeandgardenshow.com/.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is the founder of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GetAway2021.08.25Rocky Mountaineer Rolls Through the Red Rocks of the Southwest USA
- Beauty2021.08.23Buckle Up: One Clinic MD is Ready to JetPeel Your Face!
- Beauty2021.08.20Toothwave Brings New Technology to Your Daily Routine
- Fashion2021.06.29Tika the Iggy Supporting Rainbow Railroad with Poshmark Closet Sale