With chilly weather right around the corner, many of us are worried about the lack of warm items hanging in our closets. Now is the optimal time to add a few layers, sustainable knits, and a beanie (or two) to your collection. These five shops, found along West 4th, can provide you with the clothing, footwear, and accessories you will need to brave the colder fall and winter months.
Best known for its warm and comfortable t-shirts and outerwear, Anián has high-quality garments for all genders. The fabrics used to craft each piece are recycled natural fibre textiles sourced from landfills, reducing fabric waste and changing the fashion industry. Anian is transparent about its manufacturing, providing shoppers with the peace of mind that their new, stylish clothing is not contributing to the planet’s waste problem.
Hill’s Dry Goods
Hill’s Dry Goods has a fascinating history—the store opened its doors in 1914 and was later purchased by the Hill family in 1945. The family is known for their experience in Vancouver retail, and their expertise is reflected in the assortment of items found in their stores. Hill’s Dry Goods carries many famous brands like Ganni and Levi’s, as well as some smaller brands for you to discover and fall in love with.
Judith & Charles
Judith & Charles is named after the married couple who started the brand. Each collection is a fusion and contrast of feminine softness and strength that draws inspiration from the structure of classic menswear. Every Judith & Charles piece aims to help folks feel confident, comfortable and empowered. Around 80 percent of the design and manufacturing process occurs in Vancouver, which supports the local economy and sustainability.
The Latest Scoop
The Latest Scoop helps trendy Vancouverites create wardrobes for their on-the-go lifestyles by offering a curated selection of clothing, home décor, accessories, furniture, stationary, and gifts. The store, with five Lower Mainland locations, always has the latest and greatest in home items and fashion. And as a Canadian business themselves, The Latest Scoop carries tons of other Canadian brands in stores and online. Whether you are looking for a cozy sweat suit or a colourful party dress, The Latest Scoop has it all.
Gravity Pope has offered thoughtfully selected collections of fashionable and functional shoes, clothing, and accessories since the 1990s. The independently owned Canadian boutique provides its customers with the best prices on the top footwear brands worldwide. Gravity Pope carries sneakers, sandals, heels, and boots that will add sparkle to any casual or dressy outfit.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FashionJanuary 24, 2024Don’t Fall Prey to Greenwashing When Shopping!
- EventsJanuary 18, 2024Luxe Wedding Soirée Inspires with Couture & Culinary Delights
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation