The 2021 IKEA Catalogue is now available!
Today more than ever before, home is the most important place in the world. No matter what has happened, over these past few months, our homes have had to take on many new roles and meanings. So many of us began (and still are) working at home, embraced new activities like puzzling and knitting, and have been obsessive about re-decorating and/or re-staging our spaces.
With this renewed focus on our surroundings, the 2021 IKEA Catalogue has been released and bookmarked on the laptop! Filled with inspirational tips, hands-on ideas and small affordable shifts to live better. The 2021 Catalogue truly goes back to basics with easy inspiration for the many, it truly is a go-to guide to create a better home.
Bhanu Inkawat, Executive Creative Director at Greyhound Original says, “This is a collection influenced by a city where anything goes, and it shows that imperfection can be perfect.”
Greyhound Original – Created in Bangkok
No matter where you live, it isn’t your imagination that our homes are getting smaller with every move. That is why IKEA collaborated with Thai fashion designers Greyhound Original to develop SAMMANKOPPLA, a limited collection of products that blends cool Bangkok street style with IKEAs home furnishing sensibility.
We love that the results of the collab have also been influenced by the 3Rs – recycling, reusing, and creative re-purposing processes – and have been designed to be multifunctional and affordable – making it ideal for use by people all over the world.
Greyhound Original – Who?
The Greyhound Original story began in the 1980s when four friends – passionate about living well – decided to open a clothing store together. Fast forward several years and they are now selling their chic designs from new locations in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and London.
“Greyhound has a relaxed, playful attitude to design and always adds a twist. It’s been great to bring that to IKEA,” says Michael Nikolic, Creative Leader at IKEA.
Inspired by Bangkok’s urban landscape, much of the collection features bold patterns that tweaked Greyhound’s graphic fashion sensibilities. The FRAKTA houndstooth design that appears on this bag is one that’s frequently found in dollar store shopping bags and we love it.
This mat would traditionally be woven in natural fibres, but the SAMMANKOPPLA version is made of PET bottles for part of it instead – a great way of repurposing material that would otherwise go to waste. In South-East Asia, cushions shaped like this are in the markets and is the perfect shape for resting your back on.
Want an easy way to freshen up your chairs? The collection even has a ‘hoodie cover’ to disguise boring seating! It even comes with handy added pockets – perfect for your TV remote or phone. LOL!
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is the founder of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beauty2021.10.05Teaology: Introduces 3 Powerful Serums Infused with Tea
- Beauty2021.09.28DEUX Cosmetics: Quebec Brand Launches Crueltyfree Discovery Boxes
- Fashion2021.09.25ESPE Studio: Crueltyfree Collection with Retro Inspiration
- GetAway2021.08.25Rocky Mountaineer Rolls Through the Red Rocks of the Southwest USA