The 2021 IKEA Catalogue is now available!
Today more than ever before, home is the most important place in the world. No matter what has happened, over these past few months, our homes have had to take on many new roles and meanings. So many of us began (and still are) working at home, embraced new activities like puzzling and knitting, and have been obsessive about re-decorating and/or re-staging our spaces.
With this renewed focus on our surroundings, the 2021 IKEA Catalogue has been released and bookmarked on the laptop! Filled with inspirational tips, hands-on ideas and small affordable shifts to live better. The 2021 Catalogue truly goes back to basics with easy inspiration for the many, it truly is a go-to guide to create a better home.
Bhanu Inkawat, Executive Creative Director at Greyhound Original says, “This is a collection influenced by a city where anything goes, and it shows that imperfection can be perfect.”
Greyhound Original – Created in Bangkok
No matter where you live, it isn’t your imagination that our homes are getting smaller with every move. That is why IKEA collaborated with Thai fashion designers Greyhound Original to develop SAMMANKOPPLA, a limited collection of products that blends cool Bangkok street style with IKEAs home furnishing sensibility.
We love that the results of the collab have also been influenced by the 3Rs – recycling, reusing, and creative re-purposing processes – and have been designed to be multifunctional and affordable – making it ideal for use by people all over the world.
Greyhound Original – Who?
The Greyhound Original story began in the 1980s when four friends – passionate about living well – decided to open a clothing store together. Fast forward several years and they are now selling their chic designs from new locations in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and London.
“Greyhound has a relaxed, playful attitude to design and always adds a twist. It’s been great to bring that to IKEA,” says Michael Nikolic, Creative Leader at IKEA.
Inspired by Bangkok’s urban landscape, much of the collection features bold patterns that tweaked Greyhound’s graphic fashion sensibilities. The FRAKTA houndstooth design that appears on this bag is one that’s frequently found in dollar store shopping bags and we love it.
This mat would traditionally be woven in natural fibres, but the SAMMANKOPPLA version is made of PET bottles for part of it instead – a great way of repurposing material that would otherwise go to waste. In South-East Asia, cushions shaped like this are in the markets and is the perfect shape for resting your back on.
Want an easy way to freshen up your chairs? The collection even has a ‘hoodie cover’ to disguise boring seating! It even comes with handy added pockets – perfect for your TV remote or phone. LOL!
- Helen Siwak is the Founder and President of EcoLuxLuv Communications | Publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and EcoLuxLifestyle.co | Chief Marketing Officer for Dea Fortuna Global and Gold Emotion Asia | Founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group | Owner and Activist at LittleBlack.Tee | West coast correspondent to Retail-Insider | Collaborations and business opportunities welcome to email@example.com.
- Charity2020.09.15EcoLux☆Lifestyle: SPLASH Art Auction & Gala Returns! Reimagined & Luxe as Ever
- GetAway2020.09.03EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Hotel Zed Tofino Takes Retro Kitsch to a Whole New Level of Swank
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2020.08.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Michelle Rizzardo Excels at ‘One of a Few’ Curation
- GetAway2020.08.19EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Explore Canada this Summer (Responsibly) with Indigenous-Led ‘Escape from Home’ Adventures