LOA SKIN was created with a clear mission: to empower humans from all walks of life to overcome their skin adversity. Founders Tyler Yang and Spencer Angeltvedt struggled with inflammatory skin conditions (acne, eczema and exfoliative cheilitis) and could not find effective solutions without side effects.
Their hero product, Botanical Recovery Serum, was soon born as an efficacious formula to combat the underlying nutritional deficiencies people with acne and eczema can have.
The duo prides themselves on educating the customer first to empower them to make the right decisions for their skin and understand how LOA SKIN formulas work. They consistently choose ingredients based on efficacy, never trending ingredients.
The formulation ethos is centred around creating formulas that work and provide the basis for foundational skin health. As a brand, LOA SKIN is interested in maintaining long-term relationships with clients and ensuring everyone feels radiant for all the big moments in their lives.
MEET SPENCER ANGELTVEDT
As Head of Product, Spencer Angeltvedt has been formulating skincare for almost a decade. He has a keen eye for sifting through clinical data as it relates to skin health and surfacing actionable insights for efficacious formulas. He has played a key role in ensuring all products and packaging meet rigorous standards and certifications such as vegan and cruelty-free, palm oil-free, organic, carbon offsetting, etc.
MEET TYLER YANG
As Head of Brand + Marketing, Tyler Yang brings his expertise from previous startups and his time at Shopify, a major player in the e-commerce SAAS industry. He believes branding is an art and loves understanding all the components that make them magnetic and contagious. He has played an integral role in our visual brand and sharing LOA SKIN‘s voice through all digital platforms.
IN THEIR WORDS
“When our clients share their success stories, we feel truly heard and seen as founders and formulators. We put so much thought, research and testing into each of our formulas that can go unnoticed by those that aren’t in the beauty industry. So seeing real people feeling more empowered because they’ve overcome some level of skin adversity is so incredibly rewarding.
“As a beauty brand centred on skin adversity, we understand and respect the unique adversity our planet faces due to human impact. This is why we work closely with our partners at Ecologi to offset our carbon footprint and plant a tree for every order.
“Moving forward, LOA SKIN is expanding its online and offline multi-channel offerings. We’re excited to host key regional pop-up shops, localize our packaging and offering for international markets and leverage key partnerships to tap into each other’s audiences.”
Feeling like you just found the solution to your skin problems? Reach out to LOA SKIN through their website!
*Portraits by Brit Gill | @brit_gill on Instagram
Read the original version of this story in PORTFOLIO.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs here!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at email@example.com.
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation
- CharityOctober 4, 2023Arts Umbrella Presents the 41st Edition of the Splash Art Auction
- FashionSeptember 21, 2023ORAKI: Cynthia Savard Brings Her Passion to the West Coast