Within 50 feet of the Yaletown Skytrain station is one of Vancouver’s hidden hotel gems. Visitors to our beautiful city can find the OPUS Vancouver tucked above a (soon to launch) French chocolate shop and Capo & Spritz, a highly-reviewed inspired Italian restaurant. Get distracted by the hustle and bustle, and you may miss it!
OPUS is known as the city’s first boutique hotel and is a great spot for a downtown staycation. This year marks its 20th anniversary and with OPUS’s proximity to great shopping, fine plant-based dining, creative cocktail spots, and the picturesque harbour, a night or two may be exactly what you need!
To celebrate this important anniversary, the team has created an exciting line-up of programming that includes pop-ups, art installations and experiential packages that showcase their vibrant designs, sophisticated style, and intuitive service that bring contemporary innovation to life.
OPUS is Much Awarded!
Did you know that OPUS has been a Forbes four-star rated boutique hotel for six consecutive years? It is true! They also received accolades that include Condé Nast Johansens Award for Best Urban Hotel 2021, Trip Advisor’s Top Hotels Canada 2020, and Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards Top 25 Hotels in Canada 2018. Anyone who has stayed in the hotel knows that all these are rightly deserved.
20-Years and Still Going Strong!
2022 marks two decades since the hotel opened as the city’s first luxury boutique hotel. Since first opening its doors to locals and visitors alike, the hotel has been the standard-bearer for exceptional service, luxury amenities, and boldly beautiful style. Over the two decades since, it has become the beating heart and pulse of Yaletown. To celebrate the anniversary, the hotel has launched a line-up of exciting programming which includes pop-ups, art installations, and experiential packages for guests.
5 Muses for 5 OPUS Rooms
Creativity and culture are intrinsic at OPUS. Recently refreshed and inspired by five muses, the hotel’s guest rooms offer a colourful connection to its unique personality.
Dede‘s Rooms: Daring and dramatic reimagined Hollywood-glam-and-Roosevelt-Taupe
Pierre‘s Rooms: Vibrant and outgoing decor with sunny Hermès Orange walls offset by earthy tones
Billy‘s Rooms: Artful and eclectic Liverpool Green
Susan‘s Rooms: Stylish, sensual, and sophisticated rooms feature California Lilac, a colour very similar to Pantone’s Colour of the Year 2022, Very Peri.
Mural, Mural on the Wall
To commemorate its 20th anniversary, the hotel has commissioned artist Alex J Fowkes to bring its signature #ItsLoveBaby wall back to life, with inspiration pulled from the years for a mural that will hold pride of place on the hotel’s exterior façade. Fowkes specializes in typography, murals and installations, and believes that experimentation and play are essential to the design process. The mural was revealed just in time for this year’s summer solstice on June 21st.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at email@example.com.
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation
- CharityOctober 4, 2023Arts Umbrella Presents the 41st Edition of the Splash Art Auction
- FashionSeptember 21, 2023ORAKI: Cynthia Savard Brings Her Passion to the West Coast