For over 15-years, Vancouver’s best dressed have been shopping at an eclectic but wonderfully accessible boutique in Gastown. Owner, Michelle Rizzardo, deftly curates a selection of clothing, footwear, accessories, and ephemera, with savvy. From heavyweights like Ganni and Rachel Comey to rising stars Ajaie Alaie and Ilana Kohn, and do not forget favourites like LA’s Mi-Jeong Park, uber-casual A Piece Apart, and decor genius Briwesla Williams.
One of a Few is often been referred to as a ‘lifestyle’ more than just a place to shop (albeit, for very cool, wearable, and interesting pieces)! The boutique also stocks a little kitsch, beauty, and books. A little something for all corners of your life.
Opened in 2005, Rizzardo has created a community-driven, awesomely unique, and very customer-oriented environment where ethically produced garments can be found. The staff are styling champions and ensure that options are suggested that will truly bring out your personal style, over pushing the fashion-friendly alternative.
Roena Creates 3 Looks for 3-Scenarios
Even though our rainy season is approaching, Vancouverites know how to get around a winter mentality. Cleverly incorporating layers, fun socks and hosiery, big sweaters, and scarves, we can wear our wardrobe 365-days a year. Sustainability is literally our middle name! One of a few provides us with high-quality items that withstand multiple washes and wears, unlike fast fashion options.
Why One of a Few?
The name is a testament to Rizzardo’s desire to curate wardrobe selections and offer shoppers the opportunity to explore personal style. We loving playing ‘Who Wore It Better’ when celebrities tag-team the same look but it isn’t so much fun in real life.
Gastown is a paradise of incredible boutiques, chic coffee shops, patios for days, and so many insta-friendly locations. What are you waiting for? Hit the cobblestones and explore this historic neighbourhood and the experience a community unparalleled in our west coast city.
Shop One of a Few 7-days a week at 354 Water Street in Gastown.
Monday to Saturday: 11:00 am – 6:00 am
Sunday: 12:00 Noon – 5:00 pm
[Title photo of Michelle Rizzardo courtesy of One of a Few’s Instagram]
For this small business spotlight, EcoLuxLuv Comms worked with Roena Ong , a freelance fashion stylist, creative director, and writer. Watch for more of her work in the upcoming weeks as we collaborate to share more of our favourite shops in this timely series. Roena’s past pieces for EcoLuxLifestyle.co include an evening with O M Couture and capturing the heart of Horace Jewelry.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation
- CharityOctober 4, 2023Arts Umbrella Presents the 41st Edition of the Splash Art Auction
- FashionSeptember 21, 2023ORAKI: Cynthia Savard Brings Her Passion to the West Coast