With unique and eclectic products sourced from all over, Much + Little is a little slice of warmth in Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant. Located at the busy corner of East 10th and Main Street, this boutique is a delight of women’s clothing, household goods, and everyday objects that embody simplicity, beauty, quality, and function.
We love browsing items from local and independent designers, familiar heritage brands, publishers, and fair-trade artisans which are curated beautifully on tables, shelves, and racks. In fact, almost every inch of useable space is maximized and just when you think you are done, there is another nook to explore! Pick-up some fruity East Van Jam, a tasty superfood bag of Blume, or a squeeze bottle of Province Apothecary Lover’s Oil with Rose Absolute and Cedarwood Oil.
A Little on Sarah Savoy
Much + Little opened the doors of its original location in the fall of 2011 and over the years has grown. Under the guidance of owner Sarah Savoy, (who does not keep her passion for prints, patterns, and colours under wraps), the boutique now is home to over 120 labels and brands.
Wanting to create a warm and personal shop that offered timeless, well-made goods and clothing, Sarah ensures that each item that makes it way to the shelves has been hand-picked for its aesthetics, function, and possesses a backstory that creates lasting value in the hearts of those who take it home.
The offering of women’s apparel and accessories grew in 2014 and today the range includes pieces such as undergarments and outerwear, and jewelry by local-made and celebrity favourites – Pyrrha Design. An additional sweet touch on their website, that really helps when online shopping, is the inclusion of a list of measurements (bust, hips, inseam, body length), on full-body items such as the jumpsuits.
Homewares at Much + Little
Self-Care and Education
In 2018, Sarah was asked in an interview, which three items from the boutique would she take to a desert island, and the book 200 Women: Who Will Change the Way You See the World, was on that list. Two years later, Much + Little is still stocking this impressive tome and this reflects the care she takes to stock items that aren’t ‘on-trend’ but destined to become classics, not only on your bookshelf but in your wardrobe.
Let’s Go to Much + Little!
Currently, Much + Little is temporarily operating Tuesday through Saturday, Noon to 5 pm. Curbside pick-up available during open hours. For those shopping online, enjoy free domestic shipping on orders above $150.
Location: 2543 Main Street, Vancouver, BC, V5T 3E5
For this small business spotlight, EcoLuxLuv Comms worked with Roena Ong , a freelance fashion stylist, creative director, and writer. Watch for more of her work in the upcoming weeks as we collaborate to share more of our favourite shops in this timely series. Roena’s past pieces for EcoLuxLifestyle.co include an evening with O M Couture and capturing the heart of Horace Jewelry.
- Helen Siwak is the Founder and President of EcoLuxLuv Communications | Publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and EcoLuxLifestyle.co | Chief Marketing Officer for Dea Fortuna Global and Gold Emotion Asia | Founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group | Owner and Activist at LittleBlack.Tee | West coast correspondent to Retail-Insider | Collaborations and business opportunities welcome to email@example.com.
- Charity2020.09.15EcoLux☆Lifestyle: SPLASH Art Auction & Gala Returns! Reimagined & Luxe as Ever
- GetAway2020.09.03EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Hotel Zed Tofino Takes Retro Kitsch to a Whole New Level of Swank
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2020.08.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Michelle Rizzardo Excels at ‘One of a Few’ Curation
- GetAway2020.08.19EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Explore Canada this Summer (Responsibly) with Indigenous-Led ‘Escape from Home’ Adventures