If you enjoy the experience of grocery shopping but are concerned by the number of unmasked shoppers at your local store or find ordering online too complicated, Vancouver-based Fed (nutrition start-up and meal prep service), has launched the G3 Market by Fed, to offer the city another option.
G3 is the city’s first drive-through grocery store and it offers a selection of traditional groceries from local vendors, household essentials, protective gear like KN95 masks and Nitrile gloves, and nutritious ready-to-eat meals created by parent company Fed.
Next to the order window, you will find a listing of the ready-to-eat offerings. On this day, these included a choice between a triple berry pecan parfait and a hazelnut coconut oat one, and three types of hummus (sun-dried tomato, spinach and lemon, roasted red pepper).
“During Covid-19, I became increasingly frustrated with grocery shopping,” says Saba Marzara, co-founder and CEO of Fed. “Long lineups, product availability issues, and the risk of exposure to the virus pushed me to order groceries online — yet, even then I was met with a lack of delivery time slots and inaccurate arrival times.”
“As a food producer, we have ready access to fresh ingredients and the artisan products that our customers are craving, so it only makes sense to offer them what they are searching for in a convenient and safe manner. That’s why we set out to provide a drive-through service as an alternative to the delivery model, where customers don’t have to book a time slot, make their purchasing decisions weeks in advance, and reschedule their entire day to be home in time for delivery. Instead, our customers can safely shop for groceries in their own vehicle and on their own schedule.”
As the woman behind Fed and G3, Saba holds an MSc Public Health and her expertise in nutrition and bio-fortification has led to positions with WHO in Geneva, the UN Food & Agricultural Organization in Rome. Skip to present-day Vancouver and she has partnered with Elin Tayvar to help busy people lead healthy lives and put their diet decisions “on auto-pilot,” while being able to enjoy an unmatched variety of gourmet-chef-made meals planned by Registered Dieticians.
Drive-through customers will be invited to view a list of grocery items via a QR code and instantly place an order for groceries from popular local brands like Made Good Foods, Yoggu!, Mumgry, Nelson the Seagull, Agro Coffee Roasters, Zimt Chocolates, and Oddity Kombucha.
G3 by Fed is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at 845 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about plantbased culinary, promoting a vegan lifestyle, shopping secondhand, and supporting eco-activists. Her plate is full as founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dining & Beverages2020.07.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Drinkfill & Soapstand Bring Zero-Waste Living to YVR
- Dining & Beverages2020.07.19EcoLux☆Lifestyle: G3 by Fed is Vancouver’s First Drive-Thru Grocery Store
- Dining & Beverages2020.07.06EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Tasting (and Loving!) Award-winning Invivo X Sarah Jessica Parker Sauvignon Blanc
- Health & Wellness2020.06.19EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Caught in Transition? Shawna Barker is the Plantbased Nutritionist to Call!