Meet the mom who has over 5.6 million followers on YouTube! Mindy McKnight, is a true entrepreneur who turned her expertise and passion for haircare into an empire that just expanded into Canada via Walmart.
A Family A-Hair at Hairitage
Starting her hair empire was not a spur-of-the-moment idea. As the head of a family of eight, Mindy has tried literally every hair care product under the sun, recorded hundreds of videos, and created countless hair tutorials. With the family sporting all different types of hair – thick to thin, straight to curly, processed to pristine – the cost of product became ever more outrageous are the kids grew older. The traditional one-size-fits-all approach to hair just wasn’t cutting it for her family.
If you are in need of an affordable hair care regimen and are looking to try something new, visit the Hairitage by Mindy McKnight website and take the Hair Regimen Quiz and let the professionals advise the best products to try!
Free-From Hairiage Haircare Products
We tried the following products and recommend this line of free-from products. Nowhere on the ingredient list will you find sulphates, phthalates, parabens, gluten, aluminum, or mineral oil. The products are also all colour-safe.
Like all the products we share and recommend, Hairitage is not tested on animals and is suitable for a vegan lifestyle. As Mindy says: “You may not know this about me, but I have 2 dogs of my own and 1 grand pup, so testing on animals is a big NO NO.”
Double Down Co-Wash
Have you ever wished for free-from shampoo to be as creamy and rich as the sulfate-laden shampoo we grew up with? While the Double Down doesn’t create outrageous amounts of lather our previous favourites but it is enough to bring on a little teary sentimentality. Soothing and effective with grapeseed oil, yarrow extract and oat peptide.
S.O.S. Deep Moisture + Restore Conditioner
Created for thick, curly, or coily hair, the SOS product also rejuvenated colour and sun-damaged hair. We love the versatility of this product which includes macadamia oil, safflower oil, and marshmallow extract. Leave on for 3-5 minutes before rinsing and enjoy.
An Apple a Day ACV Hair Rinse
Part of the Restore group, this Apple Cider Vinegar is a hair rinse that cleanses the scalp and conditions hair without stripping. It is a gentle tonic that is applied, rinses out, and then followed by a conditioner to moisturize hair. Use once a week and try pairing with the Mask-querade Transforming Hair Mask or the Light as a Feather Leave-in Conditioner.
Wiggle Room Flexible Hold Hair Spray
Unlike other hair sprays, Wiggle Room contains plantbased glycerin as an effective moisturizer and humectant. Improves the appearance of softer, moisturized, and conditioned hair. Curls stay defined and given our west coast weather, also helps in smoothing fly-away hair problems.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | email@example.com.
- Fashion2021.06.29Tika the Iggy Supporting Rainbow Railroad with Poshmark Closet Sale
- Health & Wellness2021.06.28Sapadilla Soap Company: Cleaning Up Chemical-Free this Summer
- Beauty2021.06.07365 Days of Eco-Living with Live Clean Personal Products
- Beauty2021.05.17EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Meet Mindy McKnight, Entrepreneur Behind the Hairitage Empire