Smoothie Bowl. Two words that inspire desire when mentioned. There is something so basic and urgent about a bowl filled with pureed frozen fruit and topped with all the best that nature can produce. Smoothie bowls are super complete and a wonderful way to get all the fruit you need each day. Delicious, nutritious, and so naturally sweet.
Our favourite at-home go-to recipe for a giant bowl or for two to share is the EcoLuxLiving 6-Minute Smoothie:
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 Sunrise Flavoured Tofu (150g) – almond, coconut for zing or peach-mango for sweeter fruitier flavour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Truvia (sub in sweet syrup such as agave or date, brown sugar)
- Blend and pour
Top with sliced fruit, nuts and seeds, and if you want to get wild – small cubes of Sunrise Smoked Tofu. If you skip the nut butter, bananas, and avocado (some people do!), this bowl has less than 500 calories Perfect to pair with a wrap for lunch or as an afternoon pick-me-up!
We love that the smoothie bowl purveyors in the Lower Mainland are constantly mixing things up! Before you order, ask if there is a weekly or daily extra-yummy special or if you can customize a bowl to suit your cravings.
Body Energy Club – 16 Locations throughout Lower Mainland
Buddha-Full Provisions – Lower Lonsdale & Northwoods Village
Freshii – 20 Locations!
Hey Kokomo – Vine, Gore, N. Van
Juice Truck – 5 Locations (Steveston to Yaletown)
Those who don’t fancy a big bowl of fruity sweetness, can always check out the veggie smoothie selections. Starting with or adding kale, avocado, and greens, will add a powerful punch of vitamins and really amp up your day!
The Bestie Bowl / Image: @juicetruck
Feature image is another delicious smoothie bowl from Buddha-full Provisions!
- Helen Siwak is passionate about plantbased culinary, promoting a vegan lifestyle, shopping secondhand, and supporting eco-activists. Her plate is full as founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | email@example.com.
- Dining & Beverages2021.09.15Shake-up a Rich Espresso Martini with 3 BC-Based Producers
- Dining & Beverages2021.07.10Perfecting the Patio Picnic with Ecofriendly Drinks, Burgers & Grill
- Dining & Beverages2021.07.02BeetBox Beats Summer Heat with Chick-Un Burgers & Ice Cream Sammies
- Dining & Beverages2021.06.10Is Goose Poop the Secret to Sustainable Beer? Ask the City of Lahti!