Obakki, a purpose-led lifestyle brand that connects people through purposeful design, has launched its new soap collection. Handmade in Canada, the soaps are created from 100% all-natural ingredients that create a sustainable income for women entrepreneurs in Africa.
All soaps in the collection are made locally in Vancouver, BC, and are cold-pressed by hand in small batches. Made from 100% all-natural, vegan ingredients, the soaps do not contain palm oils, artificial fragrance or colourants, parabens, sulfates, or animal products. All soaps also come packaged in compostable millboard boxes made from 100% recycled paper.
“So many personal care products include ingredients like palm oil, that are harmful to the environment and to vulnerable communities,” said Treana Peake, Founder of Obakki. “We wanted to create a line of beautiful, handcrafted soaps that would be as good for the environment as they are for your skin. In that same vein, it was important to us to source our ingredients from women entrepreneurs in Africa, who have created sustainable businesses to support their families.”
Obakki Great for Your Skin and the Environment
Moringa Oil & Rose Clay Soap (Cleansing — Repairing — Moisturizing)
- A soothing cleansing bar for face, hands and body with potent antioxidants that remove impurities while improving overall appearance of the skin. Moringa oil from Africa reduces fine lines and wrinkles, improves the overall appearance of skin and soothes inflammation. Scented with Rosewood essential oil.
Shea Butter & White Kaolin Soap (Toning — Balancing — Soothing)
- A gentle cleansing bar for face, hands and body designed to moisturize, tone and restore sensitive & acne-prone skin. West African Shea butter contains proven anti-inflammatory and healing properties that condition, tone and soothe skins while sealing in moisture.- Scented with Grapefruit, Ho Wood, Amyris, Sandalwood, and Himalayan Cedar.
Avocado Oil & Glacial Clay Soap (Toning — Balancing — Soothing)
- A gentle cleansing bar for face, hands and body designed to moisturize, tone and restore sensitive and acne-prone skin. Rich Avocado oil from Africa contains anti-inflammatory properties that help skin maintain hydration while minimizing damage from free radicals. Scented with Japanese Mint, Lemon, and Rosemary.
Marula Oil & Black Clay Soap (Hydrating — Neutralizing — Anti-Aging)
- A revitalizing complexion bar for face, hands and body that draws out impurities while restoring hydration and neutralizing free-radicals. African Marula oil is rich in anti-ageing elements including Vitamin C and oleic acid that enhance skin’s softness and radiance. Scented with Clay Sage, Lavender, Himalayan Cedar, and Copaiba.
Argan Oil & Rahassoul Clay Soap (Healing — Clarifying — Protecting)
- A highly nourishing complexion bar for face, hands and body crafted to clarify & brighten your skin while protecting from the elements. Known as liquid gold, African Argan oil contains high amounts of vitamin E and essential fatty acids, hydrating and healing skin. Scented with Lavender, Lemongrass and Rosemary.
Baobab Oil & Activated Charcoal Soap (Detoxifying — Nourishing — Rejuvenating)
- A purifying complexion bar for the face, hands and body crafted to balance the skin, improve elasticity, and regenerate cells. African Baobab oil produces the most nutritious fruit on earth, with antioxidants that rejuvenate skin cells and leave skin silky smooth. Scented with Bergamot, White Grapefruit, Frankincense, Lavender, Cedar Atlas, and Vetiver.
Obakki’s net profits go toward supporting and expanding their artisan partnerships, and the development work is done through the company’s philanthropic counterpart, the Obakki Foundation. Focused on providing clean water access and livelihood initiatives in Africa, to date the Obakki Foundation has helped over 3 million people.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FashionJanuary 24, 2024Don’t Fall Prey to Greenwashing When Shopping!
- EventsJanuary 18, 2024Luxe Wedding Soirée Inspires with Couture & Culinary Delights
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation