Espe is a Toronto-based cruelty-free company that uses premium vegan leather to create beautiful and functional handbags. It is exciting to share that the Espe team is made up of animal lovers, animal welfare is at the brand’s core.
A shift in mindset over the past decade has seen more and more brands removing fur and exotic skins from product lines, removing leather from desire has proved to be more difficult. Handbag company Espe is proving a vegan alternative can be just as good, if not better, than the traditional leather. With stylish and practical designs, Espe makes shopping consciously an easy and affordable choice.
Founder Elizabeth Hardy shared: “My entire career working in fashion has led me to Espe. After 25 years as a CEO of an international fashion brand, I decided it was time to start something of my own. Espe was born from my lifelong love affair with fashion and my lifelong love of animals.”
F/W Collection: Retro Inspired, Modern in Thinking
Espe, known for its whimsical designs, has introduced new, timeless styles into its Fall/Winter 2021 collection. Drawing inspiration from the ’60s and ’70s, the collection incorporates deep red and blue shades mixed with tan and vintage brown, which will appeal to all ages.
“Our bags do not have age boundaries and are designed by following my fashion heart. Our bags are crafted to last and to be loved by incredible, unique women who believe in making conscious choices for today and tomorrow,” says Elizabeth.
Combining fashion and function, the new collection is designed for all of life’s moments as our handbags are filled with essentials, including wallets, masks, hand sanitizer, laptops, and more! That is why Espe created bags with plenty of space and compartments to make any outing stylish and stress-free.
As an affordable luxury brand, Espe offers accessibility without compromising quality. This philosophy is at the foundation of every collection the brand puts out, with the Fall/Winter collection being no exception.
A Cruelty-Free Commitment from Espe
We love that Espe’s commitment to protecting animals does not stop at using cruelty-free materials in its products! The brand has teamed up with the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society to further its efforts in animal protection. A portion of the proceeds from the animal friends’ designs will support the organization from the new collection.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at email@example.com.
- BeautyNovember 8, 2023Loa Skin: How Tyler & Spencer Create Clean Skincare Solutions for You
- Disruptive Women in BusinessOctober 6, 2023Marianne Zakhour: Orderbot Creates Success with Better Systems & Automation
- CharityOctober 4, 2023Arts Umbrella Presents the 41st Edition of the Splash Art Auction
- FashionSeptember 21, 2023ORAKI: Cynthia Savard Brings Her Passion to the West Coast