Guo Pei: Couture Beyond is the first Canadian exhibition devoted to the work of Guo Pei, China’s preeminent couturière. This mid-career survey features more than forty complete looks from Guo Pei’s most iconic runways from 2006 to 2017. In her theatrical, extravagant creations, Guo Pei combines contemporary aesthetics, production methods and materials with ancient tradition, evoking Chinese history and mythology in her craft techniques, fabric selection and imagery. The exhibition provides a comprehensive overview of her evolution as a designer as well as her contribution to global fashion culture.
These images represent only a fraction of the pieces exhibited and to truly appreciate and revel in the genius of Guo Pei, you must attend! Couture Beyond runs at the Vancouver Art Gallery until January 20, 2019.
All images were taken on location at the Vancouver Art Gallery by Helen Siwak.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | email@example.com.
- Fashion2021.04.12Blowfish Malibu Drops Line of Summer Kicks Made of Plastic Waste
- Fashion2021.04.05Horace Jewelry Drops a Perfectly Affordable Spring Collection
- Beauty2021.02.08EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Obakki Launches New Cold-Pressed Soaps that are Free-of & 100% Natural
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2021.02.01EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Preparing for the 2021 Spring Clean with Honest Cleaning and Services