Tiffany & Co. has unveiled its Tiffany Save the Wild Collection with brand new designs. The collection has expanded to include lions and rhinos in addition to elephants, all in support of the Wildlife Conservation Network and it’s innovative crisis funds to save endangered African wildlife.
As part of Tiffany’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and conservation, 100% of the profits from the Tiffany Save the Wild Collection will support the protection of the respective endangered species: the elephant, rhino, and lion. The company is particularly dedicated to the well-being of the African continent, where they source many of their diamonds and gemstones and operate diamond cutting and polishing workshops.
After launching the collection in 2017 as part of the #KnotOnMyPlanet campaign, Tiffany has already more than doubled its original commitment, with $2M raised as of April 2018 going to support the best investments in anti-poaching, anti-trafficking, and ivory demand reduction. As a result, the Wildlife Conservation Network’s Elephant Crisis Fund, together with its partners, has successfully lobbied for the closure of China and Hong Kong’s domestic ivory trade. Tiffany will pledge an additional $2M minimum commitment by January 31, 2020. With these new charms, Tiffany continues its ongoing efforts to both raise public awareness and contribute the financial resources needed to protect endangered wildlife and their imperiled ecosystems.
“For over 180 years, Tiffany & Co. has been inspired by the beauty of the natural world – for this reason, we believe we have a moral imperative to protect it,” said Anisa Kamadoli Costa, chief sustainability officer, Tiffany & Co. “So we are especially thrilled to be able to lend our support to wildlife conservation efforts through the important work of the Wildlife Conservation Network.”
From vocally opposing mines in sensitive ecosystems in the United States to protecting the world’s marine ecosystems and relocating black rhinos to safe havens in Botswana, Tiffany has been a longstanding supporter of wildlife conservation worldwide. In collaboration with the U.S. Wildlife Trafficking Alliance in 2016, Tiffany joined a coalition of 16 companies who are committed to stopping the demand for illegal wildlife products.
Since its inception in 2000, The Tiffany & Co. Foundation has awarded more than $70M in grants focused on conservation efforts, including coral and marine conservation, and responsible mining. The Foundation’s mission to preserve the world’s most treasured landscapes and seascapes align seamlessly with Tiffany’s complementary commitment to conservation. With the Save the Wild Collection, Tiffany & Co. is raising significant new funding through its corporate product sales to create a positive future for endangered species.
“With more than half of wildlife lost in the past 50 years, and less than 1% of philanthropy going to conserve the natural world, the planet needs the creative and unsurpassed leadership of Tiffany & Co.,” said Dr. Jeffrey Parrish, vice president for Conservation at the Wildlife Conservation Network. “We are proud to ensure that 100% of Tiffany’s support goes to the best ideas from any institution to save these species.”
Available in sterling silver and 18k rose gold, the newest Tiffany Save the Wild Collection charms are now available at the flagship store on Alberni Street in Vancouver, various international locations, and online.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashion2020.05.25EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Poppy & Peonies Launches ‘Mommy and Me’ Benefiting YWCA
- Dining2020.05.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Ampersand Distillery Releases a Vermouth for Summer Cocktails
- Beauty2020.02.18EcoLux☆Lifestyle: LyleXOX: Head of Design Launched at Inform Interiors
- Events2019.12.17EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Are You Ready for the Millionaire Lottery?