A cannabis boutique with a community-focused spin has launched in the cobblestoned streets of Vancouver’s Gastown.
Marigolds Cannabis is the concept of local serial entrepreneur Christina Michael, whose vision for the destination retail space came after a close personal friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer. This experience led her to learn about how to improve responsible use and informed access to legal cannabis for all.
Retail Cannabis With a Vision
As Michael learned more, she became a vocal advocate for integrating cannabis and CBD into daily life and continued this work with her Full Circle Enterprises consultancy. She worked with corporate, start-up, and non-profit clients to promote this concept, and so it is no surprise that the company has a distinct community-based focus.
The retail space is inspired by nature, inclusive practices, and features a customer-focused retail experience of education and empowerment.
“It is so important for me to integrate my personal values of inclusion, collaboration, education and community into the cannabis retail landscape,” Michaels shares. “We have brought together a team of seasoned retail and customer service professionals who know that, whether you’re selling cannabis, clothing, or coffee, you need to understand your customer and meet them where they are.”
Just as Michael’s inspiration to start Marigolds came from education, it will be an essential pillar of the company as they open with their Friends of Flower community program. This initiative allows members access to events and informative content – which will be beneficial for first-time users and experienced enthusiasts alike! The store is also a part of the VPD Safe Place initiative and supports Dr. Peter’s AIDS Foundation.
The destination retail space is open at 231 Abbot Street, in the heart of Gastown’s well-trodden shopping circuit, alongside beloved salon Primp & Proper, luxurious furniture showroom Avenue Road, and the masterfully-curated boutique One of A Few, among many others.
In addition to its flagship store, the company plans to open a second location at 829 Davie Street in early 2021. Keep an eye on Marigolds by following them on Instagram or browsing their online Flower Shop (limited contact pickups available).
- Helen Siwak is the Founder and President of EcoLuxLuv Communications | Publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and EcoLuxLifestyle.co | Chief Marketing Officer for Dea Fortuna Global and Gold Emotion Asia | Founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group | Owner and Activist at LittleBlack.Tee | West coast correspondent to Retail-Insider | Collaborations and business opportunities welcome to email@example.com.
- Fashion2020.11.25EcoLux☆Lifestyle: From Sparkly Heels to Uber-Warm Boots, ‘Call it Spring’ Launches Holiday Collection
- Events2020.11.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Circle Craft Launches #ShopYourCircle this Holiday Season
- Home & Decor2020.11.10EcoLux☆Lifestyle: The ‘Zero Waste Kit’ from Chop Value x Nordstrom is the Gift of the Season
- Events2020.11.04EcoLux☆Lifestyle: MONOVA Joins Polygon Gallery and The Shipyards in 2021