We preach it and you know it – consumers are increasingly listing environmental sustainability and social issues as important considerations when purchasing products – and retailers are listening and taking action. Established in 2016, Chop Value has been all ears since day one!
At IDS West 2019, ChopValue had one of the coolest installations on the floor, and I paused and thought – this is all about chopsticks?! The idea was so simple and after picking-up some materials, I thought kudos to the innovators behind this one.
Nordstrom Expanding with ChopValue Products
Now ChopValue products are available Nordstrom, in their expanding Home category, that helps to make more sustainable products, including home decor, easier to find and shop through its Sustainable Style section.
With offerings such as the chopping block for easy entertaining, Zero Waste Kit for the perfect housewarming gift, and the best-selling hexagonal Wall Decor for making virtual call backdrops beautiful, Nordstrom provides an outlet for conscious consumers to feel great about what they buy.
“Our team is thankful for forward-thinking retailers like Nordstrom who are making a commitment towards meaningful progress for the betterment of our communities and environment,” says Felix Böck, Founder and CEO of ChopValue. “We are excited to make our products more accessible to customers in North America, who can also touch and feel our items in person to understand how durable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing the transformation of neglected resources can be. We approached our product offering with the collaborative mindset, From Landfill to Luxury, for the great and open-minded team at Nordstrom.”
- Since its founding in 2016, the company has recycled over 30 million chopsticks!
- ChopValue has created a high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks.
- ChopValue sources, manufactures, distributes, and employs within local communities through its franchising model.
- Created a network of distributed microfactories to create a positive and resource-efficient impact for a carbon-neutral future.
Where to Shop ChopValue
Now available online at nordstrom.com and in 74 store locations within North America, customers can visit Nordstrom stores to see how disposable chopsticks have much more value than just a tool for eating delicious plantbased meals!
- Helen Siwak is the Founder and President of EcoLuxLuv Communications | Publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and EcoLuxLifestyle.co | Chief Marketing Officer for Dea Fortuna Global and Gold Emotion Asia | Founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group | Owner and Activist at LittleBlack.Tee | West coast correspondent to Retail-Insider | Collaborations and business opportunities welcome to email@example.com.
- Fashion2020.11.25EcoLux☆Lifestyle: From Sparkly Heels to Uber-Warm Boots, ‘Call it Spring’ Launches Holiday Collection
- Events2020.11.22EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Circle Craft Launches #ShopYourCircle this Holiday Season
- Home & Decor2020.11.10EcoLux☆Lifestyle: The ‘Zero Waste Kit’ from Chop Value x Nordstrom is the Gift of the Season
- Events2020.11.04EcoLux☆Lifestyle: MONOVA Joins Polygon Gallery and The Shipyards in 2021