It is now easier than ever to have a taste of Nuba in your own kitchen, thanks to the beloved local restaurant group’s newly expanded line of retail products. Fresh off of celebrating its 20th-anniversary milestone with a block party and Lebanese community feast, Nuba is kicking off its next decade by making some of the restaurant’s all-time favourite condiments, ingredients, and dishes available in stores across Vancouver to be enjoyed at home, work, on a picnic, or anywhere!
Building upon the successful retail launch of its hummus in spring 2022, Nuba now has an enticing selection of packaged foods designed to be the centrepiece of homemade meals or to offer an easy way to elevate any dish — from the Nuba kitchen to yours.
Family Recipes Bring the Flavour
Drawing inspiration from generations-old family recipes and handcrafted with love, Nuba’s retail collection showcases an array of modern Middle Eastern flavours. Headlining the retail line is Nuba’s trio of hummus varieties: including the time-honoured 20-year staple Classic Hummus, the Herb & Jalapeño Hummus for a refreshing twist, and the Pomegranate & Sumac Hummus, boasting the perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess that will kick up any dipping experience.
Also not to be missed are the Falafel, the quintessential Nuba mezze dish. Prepared with a recipe hailing back to the 1800s from founder Victor Bouzide’s grandmother, the taste has been left unchanged, consisting of a mouthwatering blend of chickpeas, fava beans, and herbs. The hearty Mjadra, a delicious and healthy stew made with organic green lentils, is also a must-try.
Nuba’s newer retail additions also include the restaurant’s original, tangy, and spicy green Hot Sauce; their versatile and naturally vegan Toum garlic sauce for true garlic lovers; and Cabbage Tursusu, pickled red cabbage with a bold and spicy twist.
Where to Find Nuba Retail
Nuba’s exciting, expanded retail line is currently available from retailers such as Spud, Be Fresh, Organic Acres Market, and Vegan Supply. Additionally, inventories can be found at Nuba’s Mount Pleasant location. For those eager to find their favourite Nuba products at their local shopping destinations, Nuba encourages customers to suggest the Nuba line to the managers and teams at their preferred grocery stores. Interested stockists are encouraged to reach out to the Nuba team by visiting their website HERE!
- Helen Siwak is passionate about plantbased culinary, promoting a vegan lifestyle, shopping secondhand, and supporting eco-activists. Her plate is full as founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Comms (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dining & BeveragesAugust 2, 2023Be Prepared to Feast on Nuba’s New Retail Offerings
- Dining & BeveragesJune 12, 2023Amazing Mocktails: The Popularity of Zero-Proof Imbibing
- Dining & BeveragesJune 6, 2023From the Ground Up: 5 BC Businesses to Support!
- Dining & BeveragesMay 14, 2023Compassionate Culinary: Heirloom Restaurant’s Towering Pancakes & Crispy Tacos