Getting tired of the same old snacks and sandwiches in front of the television? Worried that another season of comfort food is going to give your waistline a run for its money? This week, I want to share three awesome eco-friendly subscription boxes that are on our radar for their great Canadian products, ethical stance on the environment and are the product of local entrepreneurs.
Plant Curious – Vancouver, Victoria
Entrepreneur and activist Jordan Weisner‘s latest plantbased business offers a bi-monthly box that contains high-quality plantbased cheeses, meats, desserts, drinks, specialty items, and some surprises. At least 6+ local vendors are featured in each box and each comes with a feel-good boast that the contents are at least 90% local. The current box contains delicious bites from Glow Chocolate, Coasty Craft, Back for More Bites, Sriracha Revolver, The Modern Meat, To Live For Bakery (formerly To Die For), and Litas Mexican Food.
TMRW Vegan Box
The TMRW Vegan Box is available for a limited time only in November and only until sold out. Curated by TMRW Foods, the Vegan Box includes items from 21 local brands and a few that have potential. Included is a mix of sweet and savoury, quick snacks and ingredients to whip up plant-based meals with or without the TMRW breakfast patties and burgers. Included are Yoggu yogurt, Nona Vegan sauces, kitskitchen soaps, Spread’Em Kitchen soft cheeses, and Maison Orphee mayonnaise. Additional items are snacks like Herbaland Gummies, NoochPop!, and Say Hello Sweets ice cream sandwiches. Yummy!
Check-out the TMRW Vegan Box here! Use code TMRWFOODS to receive a discount on the total retail price.
The Clean Crate Company
This eco-friendly, non-toxic, vegan product box is exactly what your family needs to keep your home environment free of chemical-based products. Founders Candice and Kelly launched The Clean Crate Company out of frustration for the lack of quality eco-products in traditional retail stores. It seemed like the products they wanted were only available online or in specialty shops and procuring them lacked the convenience these two busy women needed. Each box lasts about 3-months and contains a surface cleaner, hand soap, dish soap, dishwasher & laundry detergent, and free bonus eco-extras. Notable brands include Attitude, Lemon Aide, and the incredible TruEarth. Love that this box is available in Scented, Unscented Box, Dishwasher, Without Dishwasher options, plus awesome add-ons.
Your crate at The Clean Crate Company awaits! Use discount code FRIENDLY10 to receive 10% off.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about plantbased culinary, promoting a vegan lifestyle, shopping secondhand, and supporting eco-activists. Her plate is full as founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dining & Beverages2021.09.15Shake-up a Rich Espresso Martini with 3 BC-Based Producers
- Dining & Beverages2021.07.10Perfecting the Patio Picnic with Ecofriendly Drinks, Burgers & Grill
- Dining & Beverages2021.07.02BeetBox Beats Summer Heat with Chick-Un Burgers & Ice Cream Sammies
- Dining & Beverages2021.06.10Is Goose Poop the Secret to Sustainable Beer? Ask the City of Lahti!