Beet Box is the bomb when it comes to serving up the best…what do we call it? Fast food, comfort food, junk food, pub food, or a combination of all?! A veritable ‘fascojupu’ of deliciousness. This culinary concept is the brainchild of industry vets Justin Tisdall and Bryan Satterford who have carved out a niche in Vancouver’s West End with their decadent and highly caloric plantbased versions of the bad food we love to hate.
The menu isn’t limited to hand-held yummies but includes snacks, salads, sides, and a bar that features local-brewed kombucha, craft beer, cocktails, summer slushies, vegan BC wine on tap, and zero-proof libations. Seven days a week, this location is cranking out the good stuff to everyone who loves delicious food and frosty drinks.
We popped onto the patio for the Beetbox Fried Chick-un Sandwich, a ‘Beet the Heat’ Slushie Bucket, and a couple of Rain or Shine ‘Ice Cream’ sandwiches. With everyone on staff on post-pandemic diet plans, it felt great to bust loose for a little veggie gorging on a breezy summer day!
The Beetbox Fried Chick-Un Sandwich features a breaded and deep-fried seitan patty that is topped with miso aioli, iceberg lettuce and spicy pickled cucumber for a crispy and satisfying handheld. Ask for the ‘Nashville’ version if you like it hot – the patty is tossed in spicy chili oil!
Do You Want Some Sides With That?
Choose from a variety of plantbased hot and cold sides including Fries n’ Gravy (French fries topped with peanut gravy, shishito peppers, chili peanut crumble), Crispy Onion Rings (sweet white onions, chipotle ‘aioli’, curry salt), thick-cut Yam Wedges tossed in fermented miso ‘aioli’, and finger-licking Corn on the Cob (brushed with chili mayo, topped with green onion & sesame seeds) and more.
Condiments & Refreshments
The cooler is packed with great in-house created condiments like veggie and chipotle mayos, yummy spicy pickles, hot sauce, Caesar dressing, tahini dressing, root vegetable queso, and non-alcohol tangy Biota YVR Kombucha.
A Cool Sweet Dessert?
A collab with Rain or Shine has resulted in a delicious launch of irresistible ice cream sandwich series that will play out through the summer. Starting with a coconut-based mango swirl sandwiched between a Beetbox ginger coconut cookie! OMG!
A Big Beetbox Beverage to Go?
Beetbox’s popular ‘Beet the Heat’ Slushie Bucket is a four-litre bucket that comes filled with cantaloupe-apple slushie mix and includes a ladle, four cups, straws and garnishes. Yum! Add-ons to choose from including a mickey of Cazadores Tequila Reposado, Bombay Sapphire Gin or a bottle of St-Germain elderflower liqueur.
Stroll into Beetbox in the heart of Vancouver’s West End 7-days a week from 11 am to 9:30 pm.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about plantbased culinary, promoting a vegan lifestyle, shopping secondhand, and supporting eco-activists. Her plate is full as founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dining & Beverages2021.09.15Shake-up a Rich Espresso Martini with 3 BC-Based Producers
- Dining & Beverages2021.07.10Perfecting the Patio Picnic with Ecofriendly Drinks, Burgers & Grill
- Dining & Beverages2021.07.02BeetBox Beats Summer Heat with Chick-Un Burgers & Ice Cream Sammies
- Dining & Beverages2021.06.10Is Goose Poop the Secret to Sustainable Beer? Ask the City of Lahti!