Superflux Beer Company has launched its highly-anticipated brewery in Strathcona—pandemic be damned! The new brewery has a funky retail store (that showcases their incredibly awesome product art), and a soon-to-open tasting room for those who value the ‘taste it first at the source’ experience. Operations are in the heart of cheekily named ‘Yeast Van,’ joining a number of other breweries that have beer lovers flocking to the area.
The brewery is a first for Superflux, who has been brewing since 2015, previously out of Callister Brewing Company and more recently Strathcona Beer Company. Led by Adam Henderson and Matt Kohlen, the hip duo bring a combined 25 years of experience in the food and beverage industry.
“Since Matt and I met around 2014, we’ve been saying ‘We should open a brewery.’ It was an inside joke that started to feel like a real joke because it has taken way longer than we ever would have thought. But we’ve done it now and are very excited to share with our fans,” shares co-founder, Henderson.
Superflux is known for its eye-catching cans and the high-quality, hop-forward IPAs which make up nearly 100% of its line-up, with the exception of special release experimental brews. The brewery’s retail store will be open daily with beer and merch available for takeaway. Two limited products will also be available for pick-up upon the brewery’s opening. The new beers include Everyone Else Said No – a mixed 4-pack of 2 IPAs made in collaboration with Boombox, Backcountry and Twin Sails, and Coconuts, Superflux’s Coconut IPA.
We love that Superflux makes beers even non-beer people will love! Innovative and unapologetic in everything it does and how could you not love a duo that creates a bounty of beers in such collectible cans?
Superflux’s brewery retail store is open daily in Strathcona from 12 pm to 8 pm at 505 Clark Street.
[Photo credit for header image of Adam Henderson & Matt Kohlen: Carlo Ricci]
- Helen Siwak is passionate about plantbased culinary, promoting a vegan lifestyle, shopping secondhand, and supporting eco-activists. Her plate is full as founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). She is also the founder and co-host of V.E.G. Networking Group and soon-to-launch LittleBlack.Tee | email@example.com.
- Dining & Beverages2020.10.19EcoLux☆Lifestyle: M!LA in Chinatown Offers the World with Plantbased Menu
- Charity2020.10.10EcoLux☆Lifestyle: The Very Good Butchers x Pamela Anderson Foundation
- In Hell's Belly Blog2020.09.19In Hell’s Belly: The Story Behind the Our New Plantbased Blog
- In Hell's Belly Blog2020.09.18In Hell’s Belly: The Delicious Dozen are the Answer to ‘Where Do You Get Your Protein From?’