Art has the incredible power to ignite inspiration, spark creativity, and foster a sense of community. Now, at the iconic Fairmont Empress in beautiful Victoria, this power takes centre stage with the launch of the ‘Artist in Residence’ program. From now until April 2024, this program brings the work of talented local artists to life, enchanting guests with live art performances and captivating expressions of creativity.
A Canvas of Local Talent
The Empress has curated a unique and culturally enriching experience for all visitors by inviting local artists from the Greater Victoria area to showcase their artistic talents. Using a range of mediums, these artists will display their work on the hotel’s mezzanine, creating a gallery of captivating pieces for guests to admire and appreciate.
Artistry in Action: Live Painting Sessions
A distinguished local artist will be featured each month for live painting sessions. These sessions provide guests and the community with the extraordinary opportunity to witness the birth of a masterpiece. As artists craft stunning works of art right before their eyes, they will also share their creative process and inspirations, offering an intimate glimpse into their world.
Artistry at Afternoon Tea
To kick off this creative journey, the Fairmont Empress will host a special event on Saturday, November 18, titled ‘Artistry at Afternoon Tea.’ In the elegant Palm Court, nine local artists will come together to live paint during the Afternoon Tea service, which runs from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Guests can not only enjoy the unique experience of watching art come to life but also admire and purchase other pieces created by these talented artists.
Immerse Yourself in Art
The artists in residence will be on-site at the Fairmont Empress three times per week during their monthly residency. Mike Lathrop is the artist in residence for the first month of the program’s launch. Detailed schedules for each month will be posted online, allowing visitors to plan their visit and witness the artists’ creative process up close.
Art has the remarkable ability to connect people, tell stories, and inspire exploration. The Fairmont Empress’s Artist in Residence program is an invitation to explore the vibrant world of local artists and experience the magic of creation firsthand. Discover the artists behind the brushes by visiting their profiles online here.
- As Editor-in-Chief of EcoLuxLifestyle Magazine, Gio showcases and shines spotlights on Canadian brands and women-led businesses that promote sustainable lifestyles through innovative products and offerings. She is also an assistant editor for additional EcoLuxLuv Communications titles including Folio.YVR, Portfolio.YVR, and West Coast Weddings.
- Dining & BeveragesMarch 1, 2024It’s Whats For Brunch: MILA’s Menu is a Celebration of Plantbased Excellence
- Health & WellnessFebruary 28, 2024Unique Fitness Studios to Keep You Moving All Year Round
- BeautyFebruary 23, 2024From Waste to Wonder: PECO Transforms Plastic into Art for The Body Shop
- Dining & BeveragesFebruary 20, 2024Bar Haifa: A Menu Designed to Elevate Beloved Childhood Cuisine