The name says it all! These Easy Four Ingredient Four Minute Vegan Waffles (or Pancakes) are made with only 4 simple ingredients that you probably already have in your home. The waffles turn out beautifully golden, with a slightly crispy exterior, while the inside is soft and fluffy – just the way waffles are supposed to be. This recipe is also perfect for making quick & easy pancakes!
Time Saving Tip
If you are in a rush to get out the door in the morning or you just would appreciate a few extra moments to savour your coffee, here is a time-saving tip to help put the good in your morning.
Make this batter ahead of time and store it in your fridge until you are ready to make your waffles. This will eliminate the need to let the batter thicken too. Another option would be to pre-make your waffles and simply reheat them in the waffle iron or pop them in the toaster.
Tools Needed To Make Four Ingredient Four Minute Vegan Waffles
The most important tool for this recipe is of course the waffle maker. I own three waffle irons (I am waffle obsessed remember?) but this waffle iron is the best one for making these waffles and it has a temperature indicating sensor so I never burn or forget about my waffles. You also require a blender or a food processor to make this recipe.
Four Ingredient Four Minute Vegan Waffles Four Ways
Prep Time: 4 minutes | Cook Time: 1-2 minutes/waffle | Total Time: 28 minutes
Yields 8-10 waffles | 245 calories/serving
For Four Ingredient Four Minute Vegan Waffles Four Ways
4 ripe bananas
4 1/2 cups whole grain oats (gluten-free if needed)
4 cups plant milk (I prefer oat)
4 tsp baking powder
vanilla bean or extract
vegan chocolate chips
dried or fresh fruit
Classic: plant butter, maple syrup
Fruit: figs, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, coconut whipped cream
Savoury: sliced avocado, nutritional yeast, hemp hearts, nori flakes, hot sauce
Churro: plant butter, monk fruit, cinnamon
Instructions / Four Ingredient Four Minute Vegan Waffles Four Ways
- Preheat waffle iron to medium/high setting
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor
- Blend on high until a smooth batter is achieved. Let sit for 4-5 minutes to thicken
- Tap the pitcher 10-15 times on a hard surface to remove air bubbles
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray (optional). Pour in batter leaving room to spread. Leave for 10 minutes before closing the lid to let air bubbles come to the surface.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until the outside is golden brown and crispy.
- Susan Pratt is an entrepreneur, vegan chef, food photographer and author who enjoys life with her family in beautiful North Vancouver. Susan shares her love of cooking vegan for her family through her SusanCooksVegan brand that eating healthy doesn't need to be daunting or inaccessible. Susan creates approachable, delicious and visually appealing plant-based dishes and shares recipes and video demos on her website. Watch for the exciting upcoming launch of The Susan Cooks Vegan Cooking Show series on UnchainedTV: Vegan News Network.
- #SusanCooksVeganJune 24, 2022#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make A Carrot Lox Vegan Cream Cheese Bagel
- #SusanCooksVeganJune 16, 2022#SusanCooksVegan: Let’s Make Sweet Ginger Cauliflower
- #SusanCooksVeganJune 8, 2022#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make Strawberry Nice Cream & Dragon Fruit Parfait
- #SusanCooksVeganJune 3, 2022#SusanCooksVegan: How To Make Miso Glazed Vegan Mushroom Scallops