This past Saturday, the Fairmont Empress officially kicked off its Artist in Residence program with the ‘Artistry at Afternoon Tea’ event. The nine local artists participating in the program showcased their talents inside the Empress’ Palm Court, adjacent to the tea room. Guests enjoyed a decorated afternoon tea celebrating the art program, accompanied by a live pianist and glimpses of art coming alive.
Shining The Spotlight On Local Victoria Talent
The Empress has curated a unique and culturally enriching experience within Victoria‘s beautiful city by showcasing artists from their own backyard. Completed pieces were showcased in the hotel’s mezzanine, making guests stop to admire and appreciate what is created locally.
The program, in partnership with Artishow Victoria, aims to showcase the beautiful essence and culture of the city while supporting local artists and connecting them to businesses that share the same appreciation for the arts. Maureen Ness, one of the artists from the program and Artishow organizer, shared the artists’ collective excitement to paint and create together at the Empress. Many of them also featured prints and finished pieces available for purchase. The exhibit was captivating, and each piece was further enhanced by the beautiful lighting that filled the room from the glass ceiling at Palm Court.
Live Displays Into The New Year
Artists who have already been showcased are Mike Lathrop and Donna Rose Law, guests have the opportunity to experience live painting by Carol Bednarski, Marcela Stradas, Ken Mackenzie, Carole Finn, and Maureen Ness. These sessions provide guests and the community with the extraordinary opportunity to witness masterpieces coming to life. As these artists craft pieces right before the eyes of the public, they will also share an exclusive glimpse into their technique, inspiration, and creative process. Detailed schedules for each month will be posted online, allowing visitors to plan their visit and witness the artists’ creative process up close.
Art has the remarkable ability to connect people, tell stories, and inspire exploration. The Fairmont Empress’s Artist in Residence program is an invitation to explore the vibrant world of local artists and experience the magic of creation firsthand. Discover the artists behind the brushes by visiting their profiles online here.
- As Editor-in-Chief of EcoLuxLifestyle Magazine, Gio showcases and shines spotlights on Canadian brands and women-led businesses that promote sustainable lifestyles through innovative products and offerings. She is also an assistant editor for additional EcoLuxLuv Communications titles including Folio.YVR, Portfolio.YVR, and West Coast Weddings.
- Dining & BeveragesMarch 1, 2024It’s Whats For Brunch: MILA’s Menu is a Celebration of Plantbased Excellence
- Health & WellnessFebruary 28, 2024Unique Fitness Studios to Keep You Moving All Year Round
- BeautyFebruary 23, 2024From Waste to Wonder: PECO Transforms Plastic into Art for The Body Shop
- Dining & BeveragesFebruary 20, 2024Bar Haifa: A Menu Designed to Elevate Beloved Childhood Cuisine